Compensation was provided by Snack Pack® via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Snack Pack®.
We officially survived week 1 of the new school year session! Getting back into the routine has taken some work, motivation and encouragement. As part of my mom-tivational tools, we have some fun activities to make getting into the full school year memorable, easier and fun. Here are Tips to Make the First Week of School Cool
Letting go of the lazy summer fun can be hard. A new classroom with new teachers and classmates can be stressful. I was determined to making back to school chill and cool, and so I used these tips:
- Announce fun and surprises are coming their way! Nothing like building up anticipation on things the kids can look forward to, to keep the edge off the back to school anxiety.
- Take the traditional first day of school photo. If you can prepare before hand. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with snapping a regular photo. Mark the day! This shows your excitement for their new journey. I usually do a quick and easy chalk sign.
Surprise them. For the first week of school instead of a note, I include a little surprise from our summer vacation in their lunchbox. While on vacation I get something inexpensive from the destination or buy something I told the kids we wouldn’t get, this totally blows them away!
- Send secret messages. Instead of regular notes in their lunchboxes, I send them secret banana notes. As a matter of fact we sit together the night before, make our notes to each other and Daddy gets to distribute the bananas notes accordingly. A fun activity to do, that gets the kids excited to find out what the recipient thought of the message. It is like playing Secret Santa!
- Have a picnic. I end our week with an afternoon at the park with picnic to share some energy and enjoy a basket filled with our favorite snacks while encouraging some culinary creativity with a Snack Pack® Mix-ins Bar. This could not have been any easier! I got all the mix-in inspiration by visiting Snack Pack®
on Pinterest and Facebook.
We do enjoy Snack Pack® quite a bit around here, which is good because Each serving of Snack Pack® is fortified with as much calcium as an 8-oz glass of milk,* so you can feel good about serving your kids Snack Pack®. Shhhhh, no need to tell the kids. * All Snack Pack® products contain 30% DV calcium, with the exception of Bakery Shop Lemon Meringue Pie, Lemon Pudding, and Snack Pack® Gels.
My munchkins had a cool first week back to school :-). Our picnic was the best closing for the week and they had a ball choosing, mixing and matching their mix-ins for the Snack Pack® very much. Now I am sure to have plenty of helpers next time we do this as our after-school snack!
Happy faces is what I got with these tips 🙂 I claim success all around on a Cool First Week of School! Yay!
What are you doing for a cool back to school?
This back to school season take a moment to slow down and enjoy a tasty and fun with the kids. Snack Pack comes in a variety of flavors and offers endless mix-in opportunities the kids can help prepare. Each serving of Snack Pack is fortified with as much calcium as an 8-oz glass of milk,* so you can feel good about serving your kids Snack Pack. For mix-in inspiration, visit Snack Pack on Pinterest and Facebook.
* All Snack Pack products contain 30% DV calcium, with the exception of Bakery Shop Lemon Meringue Pie, Lemon Pudding, and Snack Pack Gels.