Compensation was provided by Snack Pack® via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Snack Pack®.
For our school’s Halloween class party this year, the kids declared they did not want to share candy with their classmates. Instead, they wanted something different and something better. That was the guide I had to work with. Thankfully, they gave me a heads up before I started filling the 40 candy treat bags. 🙂 Their request gave me an idea to celebrate both Halloween and Día de Los Muertos with one craft. Now it was my turn to be excited! Using their favorite snack, and their help, we worked on some Sugar Skull Pudding Cups for Halloween and Day of the Dead Celebrations .
- Colored markers or sharpies
- Snack Pack® pudding. Lighter colors like vanilla and butterscotch flavors will work great, but there is no way of forgoing any chocolate pudding!
- Small silk flowers
- Glue gun
- Draw a skull shape on the pudding cup with your black marker.
- Make the skull’s face by marking the eyes, mouth and nose (an inverted heart shape makes the perfect skull nose).
- Use bright colors or red and black to decorate the skull’s face. Flowers and vignettes work really well, but let your little artists express themselves!
- Time to add the silk flowers to the pudding cups by using your glue gun. You can choose a single one or a crown of flowers.
My group of little foodies all choose Snack Packs® over anything else every chance they get. I do have a few I can “the purists,” who will simply spoon the pudding out and enjoy. Then I also have “the mixologists,” who love the idea of a mix-in bar or crave getting creative in the kitchen. For them, I have a slight variation on the traditional pan de muerto (bread of the dead) that they will love doing and eating on both Halloween and the Day of the Dead. Simply get bread buns and cut them in half. Allow the little chefs to spoon the pudding on bread and make a sandwich. I guarantee they will not stop at one pudding sandwich, and neither will the Halloween skeletons!
By the way, pan de muerto is just bread that gets special markings for the occasion and is paired with marigold-petals paths that help the departed find their way home on the Day of the Dead.
With our Skull Pudding Cups and Pudding Pan de Muerto, we get two celebrations marked and sweetly enjoyed. Snack Pack® not only gets a thumbs up for after-school snacking, it gets a thumbs up way up as a spooky Halloween candy replacement and to celebrate the Day of the Dead. What could be better than a two-in-one Sugar Skull Pudding Cups for Halloween and Day of the Dead Celebrations?
This Halloween, take a moment to slow down and enjoy a tasty and fun treat with the kids. Snack Pack® comes in a variety of flavors and offers endless mix-in opportunities the kids can help prepare. Each serving of Snack Pack® is fortified with as much calcium as an 8-oz glass of milk,* so you can feel good about serving your kids Snack Pack®. For mix-in inspiration, visit Snack Pack® on Pinterest and Facebook.
* All Snack Pack® products contain 30% DV calcium, with the exception of Bakery Shop Lemon Meringue Pie, Lemon Pudding, and Snack Pack® Gels.