Consideration was provided by Clamato®. All traditions and opinions shared are our own.
Traditionally we have used Clamato® as a great refreshing drink on its own, or to get creative when mixing drinks. Nevertheless, I am here to tell you that you must use it in your cooking recipes too! It truly adds that perfect spice to your food. Check out my easy and delicious Mexican Shrimp Lasagna recipe.
There are things in life that make us smile and go ahhhh. My hammock, for instance, has that effect on me, and so does a good family fiesta. As we get ready for the holidays, we mark our first tradition by getting together to plan out all the festivities. This get-together always spills over into a great family party where our Mexican Shrimp Lasagna is the highlight. None of us likes to slave in the kitchen, but we do love our Latin flavors and feeding our loved ones. That is why the crowd-pleasing Mexican Shrimp Lasagna makes an appearance frequently.
The trick of its simplicity is using ingredients we love like cilantro, Clamato and tortillas. Here is the recipe:
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 bottle or original Clamato® (16oz)
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of chopped and sauteed onions
- 0.5 cup of Mexican cream
- 2 cups of Mexican shreded cheese
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix in a bowl theClamato®, onions, cilantro salt, and cream.
- In a baking deep, pan lay out corn tortillas to cover the entire floor of the pan.
- Over the tortillas, place a layer of shrimp and top that with a layer of cheese
- Pour in a quarter of the contents of your bowl contianing your Clamato® mix over the cheese
- Repeat the process until your ingredients reach the brim of the pan
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
- Once done you can garnish your Shrimp Mexican Lasagna with cilantro
- If you'd prefer a spicier version or a tangy version of this recipe, go ahead and replace the original Clamato® with either the "preparado" or "limon" Clamato®
Clamato® is THE ORIGINAL Tomato Juice brand that adds spice to all your gatherings. Get more amazing recipes by following us on Facebook.com/clamato or by visiting Clamato.com