Our Apple Heart DIY makes a statement, and it is a great way to offer something deliciously sweet and healthy on many occasions like Valentine’s Day, or Mother’s Day. It is so easy to do, you can make a whole bunch of them and use them on Valentine’s Day as the perfect gift for teachers and a special treat for the kids!
How to make Apple Hearts
You can get as creative as you want with this easy do it yourself fun project. I ended up doing a whole Apple Heart arrangement Here is what I did:
- heart cookie cutter
- red delicious apples
- granny apples
- kebab sticks
- a vase
- shredded paper frill
- After washing and drying the apples, I pushed in the heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out the heart of the apple. I did this on a green and red apple and exchanged the hearts for a colorful result.
- Repeat this on as many apples as you wish.
- Next I inserted a kebab stick on the base of each apple
- Once that is done, prepare the vase with the oasis
- Set in the apples on kebab stick into the oasis in the base. Arrange as you prefer
- Next cover the oasis with the shredded paper frill
Like I said, you can get as creative as you want to. For one of my apples, I make hearts into it all around horizontally
Among all my Apple Hearts I included a gift card for our favorite teacher. For the kids, I set a whole plate of Apple Hearts on the kitchen table. Before I knew it, they were all gone! They didn’t stop commenting how amazed they thought the apples are and kept speculating on how to make them. We have set aside a date to make them together now 🙂
For now, I am sending one a week in their lunchboxes.
Who will you surprise with an Apple Heart DIY?