It is Heart Health Month. It means we get to spoil our loved ones more than just for Valentine’s Day! Personally, I love that we are in such a ♥♥♥ focused month. This pamper and care for each other’s heart health it critical, yummy and rewarding, so let’s get to it! I promise the Hearth-Healthy Recipes will be easy and absolutely delicious. Take for example, our Red Potatoes and Beets Roast or the Pecan & Cranberry-Crusted Salmon with cran-apple drizzle recipes.
Our Hearts Love Good Food
The old saying latin saying that translate into ” love enters via the mouth” truly resonates at home. We love to enjoy a good meal together, and we are aware that the right ingredients can lead to a healthy life. Particularly, I knew that eating fish like salmon helps reduce the risk of heart issues thanks to omega-3 fatty acids.
I was curious about which other food items would contribute to good heart health. BJ’s Wholesale educated me and taught me to look for red pink and purple produce. I did, and came up with a delicious Red Potatoes and Beets Roast side dish to complement the fabulous Pecan & Cranberry-Crusted Salmon with cran-apple drizzle recipe BJ’s provided us with.
Heart-Healthy Red Potatoes Roast & Beets Roast
Both recipes are extremely easy and utterly delectable. Let’s start by giving you the Red Potatoes & Beets Roast recipe:
- 2 peeled raw beets
- 6 peeled small red potatoes
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 diced garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1- Chop your beets and potatoes into small square chunks and mix together
- 2- Add the sliced onion and garlic to the chopped vegetables
- 3- Mix in the olive oil, salt and pepper
- 4- Place in a baking sheet and put in the oven for 35 minutes at 375 degrees
- 5- Finely chop the Rosemary and add them to the baking sheet at 30 minutes
Pecan Cranberry Crusted Salmon with Cran-Apple Drizzle
We love anything crusted around here, so I was more than eager to try BJ’s suggested recipe for a pro heart-hearth recipe. I had everything I needed at home from my last BJ’s run. I was ready to start cooking!
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Wellsley Farms Organic Honey
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 4 5-6 oz. Salmon Filets
- Kosher Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Fresh Cranberry Sauce
- ½ cup Apple Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1) Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2) Add fresh cranberry sauce, apple juice & vinegar into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- 3) Pour the mixture into a small saucepan & bring to a boil.
- 4) Reduce heat to medium-low & simmer for 5 minutes; stir often.
- 5) Remove from heat. Set aside.
- 6) Mix mustard, butter & honey in a small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- 7) Mix bread crumbs, pecans, dried cranberries & parsley
- 8) Season the salmon on all sides with salt & pepper. Lightly brush or spoon flesh side with mixture.
- 9) Divide the crumb mixture among the salmon lets & pat to coat.
- 10) Carefully place the sh in a baking dish or a sheet pan lined with foil prepared with cooking spray. Bake it for about 10-12 minutes until golden-brown & cooked through.
- 11) Serve on a plate topped with cran-apple drizzle & more parsley.
What a joy cooking heart-healthy recipes that delight my family’s palate!
Create Heart-Healthy Recipes Using Helpful Guide
It is your turn to make your own heart-healthy recipe creations, or get in the kitchen and try out BJ’s suggestions!
Use this guide to help you decide what to use for your next heart-healthy recipes. Isn’t it fantastic that at the place where we find it all for our families, also offers suggestions to keep our loved (eaters) ones heart-healthy? Thank you BJ’s Wholesale!
There is one more Hearth-Healthy Recipe suggestion in here for you: