Disney Social Media Moms Conference Introduces us to Elena of Avalor, and I for one couldn’t be more excited! I am ready to share with you all about this much-anticipated show. Nancy Kanter spoke to us about the new programs coming up at the Disney Channel. There are great programs coming our way, and I highly recommend we stay tuned for the official details as they become available. Are you ready for Elena of Avalor, Disney’s first Latina princess? I sure am! We are making a Paper Flowers DIY to Celebrate Elena of Avalor Premiere on The Disney Channel.
About Elena of Avalor
Elena of Avalor is an animated series that follows the story of Elena, a brave and adventurous teenager who saves her kingdom from an evil sorceress and must now learn to rule as crown princess until she is old enough to be queen. Set in Avalor, an enchanted fairytale kingdom inspired by diverse Latin cultures and folklore, Elena‘s journey will lead her to understand that her new role requires thoughtfulness, resilience, and compassion, the traits of all truly great leaders.
Paper Flowers DIY to Celebrate Elena of Avalor Premiere on The Disney Channel
There is still some time because the show will go live on July 22n on the Disney Channel, but we are beyond excited. This means that we can’t but start preparing for the celebration we plan to have for the new show. We are working on a colorful, vibrant, and fun Paper Flowers DIY that is easy to make. This will be a perfect way to decorate for the occasion. Here is how you make them:
- Wrapping tissue paper in different colors
- Green or brown pipe cleaners
- Layer 2 sheets of tissue paper. Fold it a couple of times so you can cut out a total of 6 to 8 squares of it. Choose your desired size. The bigger the square, the bigger the flower.
- Get your 6 or 8 squares and align them one on top of the other
- Fold the aligned squares into an accordion.
- Cut the ends of the accordion: round for a marigold or rose; pointed for a daisy
- Twist the pipe cleaner around the center of your accordion and fold both ends upwards
- Open each layer of the tissue paper at each side to give shape to your petals
Repeat the process as many times as you want flowers! I am ready for a royal bouquet of flowers 🙂 Let’s see what other ideas we come up with to welcome Elena of Avalor into our homes.
Have you heard of Elena of Avalor? Are you making any plans to mark the arrival of Disney’s first Latina princess to the Disney Channel?