I have been compensated by PediaSure for this post; however, I am sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own.
Sometimes I still look for the parenting manual that should have come in with my munchkin. Most days, I wing it without it. These days, my adorable picky eater has me racking my brain for after-school snack ideas. I am trying to find snacks that will fill his dietary needs because he refuses veggies, for example. You bet I screamed Eureka once I baked my delicious Strawberry Cupcakes. Why? Well these, in particular, deliver an important nutritional punch, and bring out oooohhh and ahhhhs from everyone. This is a win-win friends!
Strawberry Cupcakes With a Punch
Maybe I could get a blue ribbon in the science fair for these Strawberry Cupcakes. Alas, it is not rocket science, and the cupcakes are easy and simple to make. Here is the recipe for you:
- 1.5 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 stick of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of Pediasure Sidekicks - Strawberry
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped strawberries
- 1- Mix all the ingredients, except the strawberries in a bowl with a blender for 3-5 minutes until the mixtures looks smooth and even.
- 2- Add in the strawberries and mix thoroughly
- 3- Line the cupcake or muffin baking sheet with cupcake papers
- 4- Fill the each whole of the baking sheet 3/4 of the way
- 5- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- 6- Set aside to cool down
- The kids garnished the cupcakes with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. You can think icing, sprinkles or a leaf of mint too.
My Secret Ingredient and Ally
I am sure you noticed it right away. As a matter of fact, replacing milk from the recipe for PediaSure SideKicks® was a natural thing for me to do since we always have them at home. I find the chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla flavors easily at Walmart every week. Now, I am saving with this coupon to stock up so my fussy eater takes one to school in his book bag, or whenever we are on-the-go. Go ahead and take advantage of it!
PediaSure SideKicks® are a big deal around here because EVERYONE thinks they are delicious around here. What I love best about them is that without a fight I make sure my picky eater gets 7g of protein, 3g fiber*, and 25 essential vitamins and minerals every time he indulges happily in a Pediasure Sidekick drink. Another cool fact to love PediaSure SideKicks® even more, is that they are suitable for children who are lactose intolerant. Plus, the bottles are reclosable. Talk about a powerful help for moms of picky eaters!
PediaSure SideKicks® are simply great for kids who are growing fine but missing key nutrients.
I am so curious, are you ready to make my Strawberry Cupcakes with that PediaSure SideKicks® Punch? Do let me know if you make any variations to the recipe. I would love to try your ideas out.