This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeHolidayGoodness #CollectiveBias
Holiday time equals quality time in the kitchen for us! There is something about the holidays that always call and tugs at the baker in me. I am no expert but I do enjoy the feeling and aromas of baking for the season. I love it even more when I get a change to get creative. My creativity this time around mixes and matches flavors we traditionally enjoy along with flavors we have acquired. The result is A Pudin de Pumpkin Spice y Dulce de Leche – Pumpkin Spice Cake with Dulce de Leche.
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Dulce de Leche
Gatherings and cooking are probably at the heart of every culture during the holiday season. I can definitively attest to this at Latin households. The bustle in the kitchen does not relent, and the result always is mouthwatering delicious meals that we all sit together for at the dinner table. Lately we are indulging in the Pumpkin Spice Cake with Dulce de Leche for dessert and snack time too. It is the result of our beloved dulce de leche mixed in with the craze we are having about all things pumpkin spice this year.
Here is how we make the Pumpkin Spice Cake with Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of dulce de leche
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 can of NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk to garnish
- 1-First mix in the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- 2-In a separate bowl, mix in sugar and oil.
- 3-Add eggs and can of pumpkin dulce de leche and NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 4-Shake in the dry ingredients and mix until everything has blended well.
- 5-Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees
- 6-Once done, let cake cool down for 10 minutes in the pan.
- 7-When cooled, flip pan over and let cake fall onto plate.
- 8-Pour the remaining dulce de leche liberally over cake
- 9-Finish decorating your cake with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Holiday Morsels Red and Green
Our Pumpkin Spice Cake with Dulce de Leche will definitively be dessert on nochebuena for us! We love this cake because the
Our Kitchen Creativity Challenge for You!
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk makes it creamy and rich. All the sweetness of the dulce de leche balances out the spices and the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Holiday Morsels are the perfect touch to bring out the holiday spirit of the cake! I am so excited at how delicious our Pumpkin Spice Cake with Dulce de Leche that I just have to encourage you to get creative in the kitchen. Even better if you get creative in the baking department! I am sure that looking a this list of ingredients will spark your imagination:
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Holiday Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Holiday Morsels
- NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More
Remember they are all easy to find at your local Walmart. For those of you lucky to enjoy Walmart Grocery Pick up service, be a grocery hero so your friends can save $10 and you get a $10 promo code! All the details on this promotion are available here. If you need a little more inspiration to those creative juices flowing, take a look at the ideas here and here
So what holiday recipe are you thinking about giving a twist with NESTLÉ® products?