This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LiveForFlavor, #VivaLaMorena, #AddFlavor #CollectiveBias
The holidays are my favorite time of year. I particularly love how we practically have a month long party that starts on December 8th for the “día de las células” and ends on “el día de reyes”. For Nocheburna – Christmas Eve everyone is busy cooking, decorating, rearranging the furniture to fit everyone and helping Santa wrap some gifts. Since the family gets together from very early to put it all into motion, we have a brunch were I serve Tortilla Wrapped Baked Eggs In Sofrito. This is how I make them:
Good News For You
Before we talk Tortilla Wrapped Baked Eggs in Sofrito, we have some great news you won’t want to miss out on. To make your celebrations even better, how about taking advantage of this amazing and generous giveaway? Go ahead and enter now!
Tortilla Wrapped Baked Eggs in Sofrito
The Tortilla Wrapped Eggs in Sofrito are not only absolutely delicious, they are a crowd-pleaser that cooks fast. There is much to do for navidad. We just can’t spend more time than we need to in the kitchen, right? Here is my easy Tortilla Wrapped Eggs in Sofrito recipe:
- Tortilla Wrapped Baked Eggs in Sofrito2016-12-03 15:49:45Write a review391 calories58 g188 g11 g16 g3 g437 g467 g10 g0 g7 gNutrition FactsServing Size437gAmount Per ServingCalories 391Calories from Fat 98% Daily Value *Total Fat 11g17%Saturated Fat 3g16%Trans Fat 0gPolyunsaturated Fat 2gMonounsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 188mg63%Sodium 467mg19%Total Carbohydrates 58g19%Dietary Fiber 7g29%Sugars 10gProtein 16gVitamin A51%Vitamin C143%Calcium11%Iron23%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.Ingredients
- 1 egg
- 1 Tortilla
- 1 cup of puréed tomato
- 1/2 cup of diced Visalia onion
- 1/2 cup of diced La Morena® Whole Jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon of Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon - 2.2 lbs
- 1 teaspoon of Cotija cheese to garnish
- Diced cilantro to garnish
- 1- Take your tortilla and make a cut from the edge to the center of it.
- 2- Make a kind of a cone with the tortilla and place it in your ramekin
- 3- Sautee the onions, green and red peppers and garlic until onions are transparent
- 4- Add the diced La Morena® Jalapenos and sautee for half a minute
- 5- Now add in the tomato puree plus the teaspoon of Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon. Stir in the mix until it is all well blended and remove from the stove.
- 6- Put a tablespoon of the sofrito in the ramekin with the tortilla
- 7- Crack and egg over the sofrito
- 8- Add some more sofrito
- 9- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- 10- Remove, garnish with cilantro, salt and pepper and Cotija cheese.
betacalories391fat11gprotein16gcarbs58gmoreCool Moms Cool Tips http://coolmomscooltips.com/
- Avocado to accompany the dish is a great idea!
Honestly, as much as I used La Morena® products, it was not long ago that I started using them in this particular recipe. I encourage you to use both La Morena® and Knorr® to revamp things up in your recipe. You will not know how you cooked without them! You find them in the Hispanic aisle at Walmart.
Only the Best for my family: the best ingredients for the best flavors
I have a crowd of demanding foodies that are very discerning when it comes to Latin flavors. They do LIVE FOR FLAVOR®! Since I use quality brands my family has trusted for generations like La Morena® and Knorr®, I know everyone will want to lick their plates!
My favorite gift de Navidad is knowing I am serving nothing. It the best for my family. Off to cooking!
What recipe will you give a twist to this season?