Tomorrow Pinocchio will be released on blu-ray, DVD and HD as part of the Disney Signature Collection. We are beyond excited to have this beautiful classic be a part of our home collection. So, inspired by our visist to the “Wish Upon a Star: The Art of Pinocchio” exhibit, we are celebrating by making our very own Pinocchio Inspired Monstro Whale DIY which also sets us in the perfect maritime mood for our upcoming Disney Social Media Moms land and sea conference!
Pinocchio Inspired Monstro DIY
- A small paper planter
- Foam cut outs for the fins (2) and the tail (1)
- White pieces of pipe cleaners for the water spout
- Googly eyes
- Pen or marker
- Use the whole of the paper planter to insert the white pipe cleaners. Fold inward at the base so they will hold.
- Glue the tail to the base of the paper planter and let dry.
- Once dry, glue to fins on the sides of the planter and the googly eyes on the front- leave to dry
- As soon as the fins and eyes are dry, paint a smile to your whale
We wanted a shimmery look for our Monstro, so we added a few bling to its tail.
From the mid-1930s to the mid-1940s, The Walt Disney Studios created five cinematic classics that explored new possibilities and redefined the art of animation: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937), Pinocchio (1940), Fantasia (1940), Dumbo (1941), and Bambi (1942). Produced at the end of the Depression in the late-1930s, Pinocchio brilliantly deployed state-of-the-art hand-crafted drawings and various technical breakthroughs—such as the Multiplane Camera— to tell an epic story. Touted by many as the crowning achievement of the extraordinary Golden Age of Walt Disney’s early studio, this groundbreaking film pioneered cutting-edge animation and sound technologies and firmly established a blueprint for Disney filmmaking that remains intact today. It became the first animated feature film to win a competitive Academy Award®—in fact it won two—and is now considered one of the finest films ever made.
Don’t forget to be on the look out for the amazing bonus features and extra materials! You can discover them here