Hey there Batman fans, its time to get batty! We have something that Robin would totally agree is “holy yummy” for you. Here are delicious Candy Melt Covered Batman Cookies. Batman has a special place in my heart. He was the first super hero I discovered, along with AntMan. That opened a whole new world for me and today I can’t get enough of sharing about super heroes with my kids. Of course I take advantage of every opportunity to celebrate comic heroes that are a part of our family life 🙂
Chocolate Covered Batman Cookies
These Chocolate Covered Batman Cookies are super fun to make. I love inviting the kids to make them with me because we do talk all things super heroes and of course we do focus on the awesomeness that Batman is with all his bat- gadgets. Here is one little bat-item that I am sure the super hero and Robin wish they had in their bat-cave. Maybe Alfred will pick up this post and whip them up. Here is how you can make a dozen of them:
- 12 regular sandwich cookies
- 12 oz bag Wilton yellow candy melts
- 12 count Batman gummy treat decorations
- 1 Wilton white icing tube
- 1 Wilton black icing tube - optional
- 1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2. Add the yellow candy melts to a double boiler pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth (about 3-4 minutes). Transfer to a small bowl for easier handling.
- 3. Fill each cookie mold with 2 tablespoons of the melted yellow candy melts. Place an Oreo cookie on top and then fill up the rest of the mold with additional melted yellow candy.
- 4. Chill for 30 minutes to allow the yellow chocolate to harden.
- 5. Gently pop each cookie out of the mold and place on the lined baking sheet.
- 6. Peel apart the black Batman logo from each gummy candy and place on top of the coated Oreo cookies with a dab of white icing on the back. If you
- do not want to use the gummy logos, you can just pipe the batman logo on each cookie with a black icing tube.
- 7. ENJOY!!
These would not only be amazing for an afternoon snack, but also for a themed party, don’t you think? You can convert them into pops by inserting a stick in the filling of the sandwich cookie before covering it with the candy melt. You can see instructions for that here when we made winter cookie pops.
In time to enjoy the Lego Batman movie that opens on February 10th, not only do we have these delicious Candy Melt Covered Batman Cookies but also advance screening passes for you! Download yours right now because they are on a first come- first serve basis. Click on this link to get your passes: