I wonder if you do this too. We stay away from restaurants on Valentine’s Day just because I am a procrastinator and by the time I get around to it, everything is booked. So, I try to spice it up at home with a delicious meal from beginning to end. To start our quiet celebration, we have a little relaxing happy hour with a Strawberry Jalapeño Wine Spritzer. We love it. Believe me, it is refreshing, delicious, and it has a good nice kick to get your taste buds ready for a special meal prepared with love 🙂
Strawberry Jalapeño Wine Spritzer
There is no doubt about it, our Strawberry Jalapeño Wine Spritzer is easy and delicious. As a matter of fact, we sometimes have it just because to refresh with a kick. You manage how hot you want it. Depending on the Jalapeño you use it might just be a hint of spice. Here is how you make it:
- 1 bottle of chilled white wine
- 1/2 bottle of soda water
- 1 cup of diced Jalapeños
- 1 small basket of diced strawberries
- 1- Use a cup of soda water and put it in the blender with the strawberries and the jalapeños. Blend until chopped but not pureed.
- 2- Serve ice in wine glasses and pour 3/4 of wine and 1/4 of soda water
- 3- Add 3 teaspoons of the jalapeño-strawberry mix to each glass
- Toast and enjoy!
- -You can choose to do this with sparkling wine to forego the soda water
- -To make a mocktail replace wine for grape juice
More Food Ideas
If you are looking for a yummy spicy dip to accompany the Strawberry Jalapeño Wine Spritzer, click here for our Creamy Jalapeño Dip.
For dinner I am working on Rosemary Pork Chops.
I hope you can start off your Valentine’s Day celebrations with this tasty Strawberry Jalapeño Wine Spritzer. If you are in true winter weather areas, it is sure to warm you up in no time :-).
How do you plan on marking the day of love? Will you try out our recipe? I can’t wait for you to tell me.