The ocean always calls my name. The Caribbean in me always pulls to the water. Living in sunny South Florida, there is no shortage of opportunities for me to head the calling and indulge in our water activities. That is one of the many reasons I love Moana. Inspired by her water adventures, we are making a Tiki Drink Umbrella DIY with the kids. It is a great way to welcome Moana into our homes now that it is available on Blu-ray/ DVD!
Moana Inspired Tiki Drink Umbrella DIY
With this Moana Inspired Tiki Drink Umbrella DIY, you will get into cool, chill and zen mode in no time. Not only is it relaxing to do this easy craft, it is also an open invitation to get your ahhhhhhh time in. Ready to sip with this tiki style?
- Cut a triangle out of your cardboard round
- Make a cone out of the cardboard and glue the ends.
- Cut the tissue paper into 1-inch rectangular strips. Fring the ends of each strip.
- Glue the fringed tissue paper on the cardboard cone. Start from the bottom up.
- Repeat the process until you reach the tip of the cone. Use shorter strips at the tip of the cone.
- Turn the cone over and dab a drop of glue to the interior tip and stick the skewer there. Hold it for a few minutes.
You can choose to use long skewers to make them into stirrers. Or insert them into longer straws for added color fun for your drink!
These tiki drink umbrellas are the perfect complement to our Hawaiian Luau Glass Skirt bottles 🙂 Great pairing, don’t you agree?
Maybe you want to also make some starfish hair pins to go with the celebration. Get directions for that here
About Moana Blu-Ray /DVD
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Moana,” the sweeping story of a spirited teenager who sets sail on a daring adventure to save her people, starring newcomer Auli’i Cravalho as the voice of brave and tenacious Moana and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Now, “Moana” sets a new course, arriving to homes on Digital HD/3D and Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) on Feb. 21, and on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on March 7.
Continuing the fun-filled adventure, families can continue their journey filled with hours of extensive and entertaining bonus offerings including a new, hilarious mini-movie featuring Moana and Maui; an in-depth look at how the people
- an in-depth look at how the people, cultures, and heritage of the Pacific Islands shaped the story of “Moana;
- ” revealing Q&A with co-stars Auli’i Cravalho and Dwayne Johnson, and famed animation directors Ron Clements and John Musker;
- insider access to Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Mancina and Opetaia Foaʻi, the trio behind the film’s moving music;
- four mini-documentaries highlighting the movie’s groundbreaking effects;
- deleted scenes;
- a deleted song;
- hidden Easter Eggs;
- music video;
- “Inner Workings,” the theatrical short film directed by Leo Matsuda that spotlights the internal struggle between a man’s Brain and Heart
What plans do you have to celebrate adding Moana to your movie collection?