I am ready for our Friday dinner with this family favorite: Mexican Shrimp Lasagna. Nevertheless, I need a quick and delicious meatless idea for my lunch. Back in the no-kids days when we were a bit more care-free, Sr. Cool and I would enjoy a fabulous little Open Face Tuna Sandwich with Capers and Olives. Now it is so good we would make it sometimes and indulge in it as a scrumptious salad.
In under 5 minutes, you will be savoring this amazing Open Face Tuna Sandwich enhanced with the tangy flavor of capers and the unique flavor taste. Of course, these flavors can be as bold or bland as you like, so don’t be discouraged!
Here is the recipe
- 2 sliced of bread
- 2 cans of tuna in water
- 1/3 cup of chopped capers
- 1/2 cup of chopped olives
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of the vinegar from the capers or olives
- 1/2 cup of finely diced onions
- 1/3 cup of cilantro
- 1 slice of Swiss cheese per sandwich
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 slice of avocado per sandwich
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1- Mix the drained tuna, capers, olives, lemon juices, mustard, salt and pepper together
- 2- Toast the bread
- 3- Half way into the toasting, add a slice of cheese to the bread
- 4-Once bread is done, spoon the tuna mix over it
- 5- Lay the avocado slice over the tuna, garnish with a cilantro leaf!
- If you are not hangry, try serving the tuna on the toasted bread and covering this with a slice of cheese. Put the whole thing in the oven for a minute or so, just for the cheese to start to melt. Heaven!
So, how does this Open Face Tuna Sandwich sound to you? Ready to surprise someone with it?