“I am speed”….yes, I used to believe that too, and now I am the biggest chicken. Coasters scare me big time now, and I still think I am all that….somewhat. But, true to form, I do try 🙂 Of course the Cars franchise has a very special place in my heart since I have a little car fanatic at home and I relive my days “racing” cast cars back in the day. Now that I have seen Cars3 I love it more than ever. Diversity, equality, respect for the wiser, the younger and everyone around us resonates loud and clear with us. Disney-Pixar does not let down, and it is a must-see for the entire family! So, it is time for some Cars 3 Fun Lighting Mc Queen Treats. By the way, they do give plenty of cool moms points!
Cars 3 Fun Lighting Mc Queen Treats
- Cookie mold (Amazon link below)
- 12 regular Oreo cookies
- 12 oz bag Wilton red candy melts
- 2 large white Airhead candies
- 2 large blue Airhead candies
- 20-22 yellow taffy pieces
- Wilton black decorator icing
- 1. In a double boiler pan (or Wilton candy warmer), heat the red candy melts under medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
- 2. Place 2 tablespoons of the melted red candy into each of the cookie molds.
- 3. Place an Oreo cookie on top of the melted red chocolate.
- 4. Cover up each Oreo cookie with additional melted red chocolate, up to the top of each mold.
- 5. Chill for 45 minutes to allow the red chocolate to completely harden.
- 6. Unwrap the white Airhead candies. With a kitchen scissors, cut each piece in half. Then, cut all of the pieces in half, lengthwise. You should have 8 pieces (4 from each candy). Set aside.
- 7. For the eyes, cut out 8 small circles from each blue Airheads piece for a total of 16 circles. Set aside.
- 8. Unwrap the yellow taffy candies and place on a hard surface . Using a rolling pin, press down firmly on each taffy piece to flatten.
- 9. Cut out 16 small lightning bolts and 4 large lightning bolts from the flattened taffy. You may find it easier to use a small scissors instead of a knife but either way works. Lay the lightning bolts on a tray lined with wax or parchment paper and chill for 15 minutes to harden the taffy.
- 10. Remove the chilled Oreos from the refrigerator and gently pop them
- out of their molds. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- 11. For the windshield, apply icing to the back of each white airhead piece and place across 8 of the Oreos. You may have to cut the ends a bit to fit the length of each cookie.
- 12. For the eyes, dab a small amount of icing on the back of two blue airhead circles and place on each windshield. Pipe black icing in the middle of each eye for the pupils.
- 13. Apply icing to the back of the small lightning bolts and attach to each side of the 8 Lightning McQueen cookies.
- 14. Pipe a smile with the black icing gel towards the bottom of each cookie.
- 15. Apply icing to the back of the 4 large lightning bolts and place on top of the 4 remaining Oreos.
These are just so much fun to make, and delicious to eat. We love making them together, and more so, eating them!
Why I love Cars 3
A starring female figure? Yes, please. A Latina to boot? Absolutely. My fave #95? Say no more. This fantastic new story on the progression of a fabulous car racer delivers like never before, and outdoes itself with plenty of heart, and fabulous surprises. Along the road, we enjoy characters that are brought back to the story, plus some new adventures that will uplift us and win us over in no time.
Going back to our roots of sorts and fighting for what we love and dream are values that we all live. They are also important items of the storyline. I think this is a well-rounded film that brings tons of moments we can all relate too. It also shares the different paths to reach out dreams and how to get there. The plight for happiness is different and offers different twists for all of us. You will definitely appreciate it in Cars 3. I am babbling, I know. I just love the movie and don’t want to spoil it for you. I do want to encourage you to see it with your family and enjoy storytelling at its best where heart is at the core. In theaters June 16th.