Do you indulge in sweet and savory desserts? We do too and for this Fourth of July, we have an easy and delicious recipe you will want to keep making all summer long. It is the Patriotic Pretzel Almond Bark. We can’t have enough of this recipe that is very festive, delicious and easy to make. The perfect hostess gift too in case you are headed out to visit friends for the celebration or summer 🙂
Patriotic Pretzel Almond Bark
Salty pretzels and sweet almond bark provide a fabulous combination. Better yet, how in under 10 minutes you will have the Pretzel Almond Bark recipe done. Let’s get to it:
Cool mom tip: get the kids involved! They will love adding their favorite red, white and blue toppings to the mix!
- 1 bag of crushed pretzels
- 1 Almond Bark
- Red & Blue Food Coloring
- Sprinkles the more the better!
- 1- Melt the almond bark on low heat. Remove from stove once it to melt, but continue to stir until it melts completely.
- 2- Dived the melted almond bark into two separate pans.
- 3- Use the food coloring to dye one pan blue and one red.
- 4- Cover cookie sheet with wax paper.
- 5- Line pretzels at over cookie sheet .
- 6-Cover pretzels with the melted white almond bark. Use a spoon to spread it out if necessary.
- 7- Dip a spoon into your red almond bark and drizzle across the white almond bark.
- 8- Repeat with blue almond bark.
- 9- Add your sprinkles, allow bark to cool completely, break into pieces and enjoy!
- Thin out your almond bark with vegetable shortening if it seizes up.
Cool mom tip: get some stars into the sprinkle mix to amplify the flag symbolism and festive look.
Red White and Blue Pretzel Almond Bark
I love that this Pretzel Almond Bark packs really well and it is great for picnic, beach outing or practically all of your on-the-go outings. It looks amazing on every table spread.
Cool mom tip: add raisins or dried fruit to add a tangy dimension to this delicious snack. Not a bad way to hide fruit servings to picky eaters 😉
Sharing the Patriotic Pretzel Almond Bark
I do encourage you to make extra batched of it because it will and I do encourage you to make extra batched of it because it will disappear quickly! If you love handing out packages, just wrap a few packages of bark in clear cellophane bags and tie it with a red, white or blue ribbon with a small flag. You will give everyone something amazing to munch on while you all enjoy the fireworks!
Happy birthday America!
Tell me, which are your favorite Fourth of July desserts?