The joy of summer translates into travel for us! It is time to pack our bags and go discover our planet near and far! Usually, that means we will be spending out nights at a hotel. Recently I realized that part of keeping my cool and chill during our family trips was maintaining order in our hotel room. How do I do it without slaving over it? Voila, 7 Tips To Keep Your Family Organized in a Hotel
7 Cool Tips To Keep Your Family Organized in a Hotel
It is very important that maintaining order does not become an obsession for me. So, the tasks have to be easy and almost a non-chore. I adhere to the principle: travel light.. as much as I can. Not only does it help me minimize the chances leaving items behind, it keeps my mind ready to take all the goodness in! What else? Ah yes, these 7 Cool Tips To Keep Your Family Organized in a Hotel
- Unpack immediately: when I travel alone, living out of the suitcase it the thing for me. When I travel with my family, I hang it all up because little hands make a big mess of everything in the luggage.
- Make a new closet shelf: use the ironing board as a shelf for sweaters or items you don’t want to hang.
- A designated place for dirty laundry: use your now empty suitcase for this. Want to be a step further in the game, designate a collapsible SMALL hamper for adults and children to simplify your on-site laundry day.
- Assign a drawer per person: they can put all their belongings like wallets, tablets, headphones, hats, toys etc. in this drawer. It helps know where things might be if they get misplaced, plus keeps it all out of sight. If you love using the dresser drawers for your clothes then use an over-the-door shoe holder for this.
- Boxes in bathrooms: most likely you have a toiletry bag for everyone in your family. great for travel, not so much when you are at the hotel room. Get collapsible boxes for everyone and avoid a mess of toothbrushes, hairbrushes, deodorants, and toothpaste all over the vanity counter! Don’t like boxes? Use a toiletry bag that unrolls and hangs easily, can you say space saver?
- Assign jobs: to ALL your travel companions. This will help come back to an organized room and reduce the chances of losing something. Some possible jobs to assign are:
- Put all towels in one place
- Keep all electronics and valuables in safe
- Make sure everything is back in the boxes in the bathroom before heading out.
- Organize your food: regardless if you have no kitchen, kitchenette or a full kitchen, make sure your food is in its place. This will help avoid spills, keep it all clean.
Lately, I have modified tip #4 and now I also assign a drawer for technology and another one for cords. One last tip? Assign a space for souvenir purchases!
Choosing Wisely Helps Keep Organized in a Hotel Room
The biggest tip of all is choosing a hotel that will help you stay organized. More than once we have landed in places where the closets were too small or there was no drawer space. Never at the Residence Inn where we can choose one and two bedroom suites. Incidentally, the extra space also diminished the impact of seeing disorganization.
Tip #7 becomes especially important because with the fully equipped, full-sized kitchens plus the free grocery delivery service we tend to fill up the regular size fridge pretty quickly with our basic and favorite food stuff needs. By the way, their free wi-fi makes it a breeze to use the free grocery delivery service.
When you are taking care of tip #1 and need extra hangers, keep in mind that The Residence Inn housekeeping folks will be more than happy to help you out with that.
You are set for an organized family hotel stay. We also got you covered with chill family road trip tips 🙂
Do you have tips to keep your family organized in a hotel room?
Traveling Mom Twitter Party
Join us as we chat “family travel unfiltered” with Traveling Mom and Residence Inn
When: July 10th, 2017
Time: 9:00 PM EST
Hashtags to follow: #TMOMResInn #TMOM
Grand Prize: $600 Residence Inn Gift Card
Runner Up: $300 Residence Inn Gift Card
Spread the word: hit retweet below:
— Taty (@CoolChillMom) July 2, 2017
How do you enter to win? RSVP here or use the form below