At the Summer of Heroes celebration in Disney California Adventures, I took the test at the Hero Station. There, I found out that although I am a huge IronMan and Thor fan, if I were to be a superhero, I would be more like a Guardian of the Galaxy. There is no doubt the cutest of all the Guardians is Groot. I know I give Groot too much attention. How can you not? He is way too adorable and cute. Plus he always says the right things….although yes, Rocket is right, he might need to work on his language. In honor of him, I made a Baby Groot Sandwich. It is a fun food DIY that will bring a smile to all who get ready to eat it!
Baby Groot Sandwich-A Food Art DIY
My projects need to be cool, quick, and easy. This Baby Groot Sandwich qualifies with flying colors. I am going to tell you how I made the food art DIY. You will them choose what filling to give the sandwich 🙂
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 Black olive
- 1 teaspoon of hummus
- food scissors
- 1- Get a slice of bread and position it so that it is taller than it is wider.
- 2- Using the scissors cut out rounded pieces form the bottom corners edges of both bread slices.
- 3- At the top of each slice, cut out triangles in different shapes to end up with spikes
- 4- Cut your black olive in half
- 5- Dab some hummus on the flat part of the olive and fix both olive halves in the center of one bread slice to make the eyes for Groot
- 6-The remnants of the bread slice edges you cut off the bottom will become Groot's smile. Use a curvy piece and make sure the dark side faces you. Use hummus to fix it in place on the same slice with the olive halves. This is your top slice
- 7- On your bottom slice layer your sandwich contents. Then garnish them with cilantro.
- 8- Place Groot faced slice over the sandwich and voila, Baby Groot Sandwich is done!
Cool mom tip: wheat bread was closest to the Groot’s coloring, but you can use any bread you prefer.
This time we enjoyed our Baby Groot Sandwich Food Art DIY with our Tuna Olives and Capers recipe. Next time it will be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. We will replace the olive eyes for round chocolate candy. Instead of cilantro-> celery leaves, and the peanut butter will stand in for the hummus to keep the face together.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Blu-ray
We can now enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 at home. We told you what the movie was about when we interviewed Nebula and Mantis.Besides all the awesomeness of this Marvel movie there are some cool bonuses for us on the blu-ray here:
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”– A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro– Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel–Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,”featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- FourDeleted Scenes–Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary–Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.
All the features listed above plus four extra exclusives:
- ThreeScene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive)– Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.
Now that you the interviews, the details of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 blu-ray launch and our Baby Groot Sandwich-A Food Art DIY, tell me, what type of sandwich will you give a Groot Face too?