The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
These days the kids spend a lot of time on the internet. They have many apps, games, and devices to easily connect and enjoy themselves. This also holds true for school. A lot of the research for projects is done scouring documents online plus plenty of required homework is done directly on fabulous platforms that help kids learn. Time to use these Easy Parenting Tips That Keep Your Family Safe Online In Today’s Technology Age.
Easy Parenting Tips That Keep Your Family Safe Online
Using the internet is unavoidable nowadays. Instead of fighting it, use these Easy Tips That Keep Your Family Safe Online while they are on it. I do talk about online safety repeatedly with the kids. However, many parents have spoken to their kids about the dangers that lurk online. Despite this, kids take risks and do things they are not supposed to. I am not going to stop talking about it, but this list has helped in a big way:
- Set rules and monitor: I simply don’t talk to children under 13 about using social media safely. At home, if you are under 13 years old you do not have social media accounts period. Monitor often the devices and sites your kids use. This will alert you if rules are not followed or if something unusual might be happening. Think prevention.
- Secure your home network: Now you can have business-level security at home using Cujo, a smart firewall for the connected home.
- Use parental controls: Many times it is hard to be the one to keep saying no to something they enjoy so much. Cujo has great parental control features that will do the work for you.
- Keep your computer programs up to date: updated fix bugs and holes in programs that could be harmful to you.
A Word on Cujo Parental Control
You can almost hear the technology angels in the background when Cujo secures all devices connecting to the WiFi router. That is because CUJO detects and blocks malicious sites, viruses, and hacks with blazing speed (it has a 1GB built in Ethernet). Besides feeling extremely safe knowing Cujo is working for us everytime we are online, my favorite feature is the parental control. It not only sets limits on usage so I don’t have to be the bad cop, it also:
- allows parental controls for all devices
- filters the internet before hand
- helps with social media monitoring
- pauses the internet when internet time slots allotted are surpassed
- gives alerts and provides reporting on online activity
- has remote administration capabilities
Cujo allows for you to control what your kids access online and helps keep them safe. For someone who doesn’t understand much about how cyber crooks work, having this amazing tool at my disposal is a huge peace of mind. Good boy Cujo, Good boy. Available at Best Buy NOW!
How do you Keep Your Family Safe In Today’s Technology Age?