We were invited to Discover The Pocono Mountains in exchange for our honest opinions. What we share here is 100% our own.
For us, pumpkin picking went as far as getting one at the supermarket. Recently at The Pocono Mountains, we discovered we have been seriously missing out on true pumpkin patch visits and so much more fall family fun! We were charmed with the Fall Family Fun In The Poconos! We can’t wait to go back and visit again. Here are our top 7 Must-dos to Discover Fall Family Fun In The Poconos.
7 Must-dos to Discover Fall Family Fun In The Poconos
The Pocono Mountains is very family friendly. There is something for everyone, and yes, we even got the chance to sneak in some romance even with kids in tow. Do a bit of everything with these stops or 7 Tips to Discover Fall Family Fun In The Poconos:
Stop at Mazezilla
- I had never been at a corn maze before. This combined with a pumpkin patch put this stop at the top of my list. It was fun discovering that white pumpkins are not a product of a craft shop. Admiring around the patch I found a swan-like pumpkin! A tractor pulled our wagon into the corn maze. The maze figures to spot are amazing and change every year. There were 13 to find on our map. We crossed out three and that sampler was loads of fun!
Bushkill Falls – “The Niagara of Pennsylvania!”
- With fresh weather ranging in the mid 60s, going on a hike is a comfortable adventure. At Bushkill Falls this adventure becomes one of awe courtesy of mother nature and the spectacular falls to gaze upon. The trails are easy to walk on, and the views are more than worth it. Color markings help you continue on your chosen path. Steal some romantic moments here as you admire your surroundings.
The Big Pocono State Park
- If you are looking for fall foliage panoramic views, come to the top of Big Pocono State Park. Learn about the birds, plants and discover the landscape you are taking in with helpful signage around the peak. Do visit the Castell Cabin which was built in the early 1900s to offer refuge and hospitality the Pocono Mountain way.
Camelback Mountain Adventures
- There is an indoor play place that has it all. At Camelback Mountain Adventuresyou not only get a full arcade, you can also indulge in some laser tag, rock climbing, mini golf and a huge water park that includes a chance to wipe out!
Jim Thorpe & The Foliage Train
Jim Thorpe is a town named after an American Olympian. At every turn, there was something that caught our eye. The kids wondered for hours at the General Emporium, a general store filled with old-fashioned toys and souvenirs. Weekend Fall Festivals are in full swing at Jim Thorpe where you can get delicious eats (I just couldn’t be pulled away from the Italian pastry stand, and the kids loved the local popcorn booth) great crafts and listen to local musicians at the plaza’s gazebo. The architecture offers beautifully detailed bay windows. As a result, it all translates into a back in time nostalgic feeling that only amplifies with the Foliage Train ride.
The Foliage Train ride gets adults and kids just as excited. The comfortable ride aboard the Lehigh Scenic Railway train travels through the state park with the same name which offers fantastic views of mountains, rivers, boulders in full fall colors. It is a 16-mile trip that takes about an hour to complete. A great way to put your feet up, and snuggle with your partner as the kids make up conductor stories on the ride.
Mountain View Vineyards
- Reds, whites and even bubbly is at hand for some wine tasting at Mountain View Vineyards! Kids are welcomed into the big, well-lit tasting room. Perfect to again sneak in some romance or adult time with the kids beside you. I have to come back to try the bubbles here. The pus-cafe is a great find and the cognac in it is perfect to keep you warm as you walk out to discover the beautiful grounds of the vineyard. The kids were able to run and roam. We were able to keep an eye on them easily without chasing after them. I bet this place would be perfect to renew vows!
- The historic town of Milford offers a great place to walk around, have a great meal in a building with plenty of stories to tell and shops to uncover. Hotel Faucheres offers a great menu with plenty of local flavors that will add up to fantastic memories. The whimsy decor is easy to spot. The city hall looks like an old church and the sheriff’s office like a transformed lodge!
Fall Family Fun In The Poconos and Halloween
At every turn, we found plenty of places with fabulous Halloween decorations. Point and case the Barley Creek Brewing Company. Creepy details were everywhere! Also, there are plenty of haunted houses in the area. One of the best, we hear, is the Hotel of Horror, but it will be easy to find more around you. I will say that if anything catches your eye, snap that photo, buy that trinket or taste the food right away. You might be wishing for the apple cider filled donuts from the local bakery at Milford. On the plus side, it is one of the many reasons to get us up there to enjoy some more Fall Family Fun at the Poconos!
The area seems to come alive with fall family fun and there is so much out there to do that while our flash weekend getaway was amazing, it just brushed off the tip of the
iceberg mountain. Have you enjoyed Fall in The Poconos Mountains with your family? What caught your eye from our 7 must- do items?