I admit these can be too cute to eat. They will be a big conversation piece for any holiday celebration! Added benefit? They are sure to bring back all the magical memories from your visits to either the most magical place or the happiest place on earth. These Disney Inspired Dessert: Mickey Cups will make you into a pixie dust maker! Don’t be fooled, they are easy AND fun to make.
Disney Inspired Dessert: Mickey Cups
Disney lovers, if you a sweet treat this holiday season, Disney Inspired Mickey Cups should be it. You can have so much fun making them, and so much joy eating them. This is almost a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- 1 silicone shot glass mold (found at Michael's)
- 16 oz ghiradelli melting chocolate wafers, 16 wafers set aside for the ears
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- 1 box of mini peppermint candy canes
- 8 red M&M's
- Chocolate mousse ingredients
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 piping bag with a medium star tip
- 1- Melt the chocolate. Once ready pour chocolate into the shot glasses silicon molds and place into the freezer over night
- Mousse directions
- 1- Beat egg yolks until thick and creamy yellow color
- 2- Gradually beat in sugar until combined and set aside.
- 3- Using a small pot, heat 1 cup whipping cream over medium heat until hot.
- 4- Gradually stir at least half of the hot whipping cream into egg yolk mixture
- 5- Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stir constantly, until mixture thickens
- 6- Add in chocolate chips until melted.
- 7- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Next day
- 1-Pop out the chocolate cups
- 2-Melt a small amount of chocolate for glue
- 3-Dip the eyes into the melted chocolate and place onto the chocolate cups
- 4-Dip the back of the red M&M into the chocolate and place onto the chocolate cup under the eyes
- 5-Beat 1.5 cups whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- 6-Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream and Scoop into piping bag
- 7-Pipe mousse into the center of the chocolate cup
- 8-Place a mini candy cane in each side for the antlers
- 9-Place two chocolate wafer in front of each candy cane for the ears
Disney Inspired Dessert
I am trying to figure out a way to convert these Mickey Cups into Iron Man Cups. Maybe the arc reactors will do the trick. Of course, the mousse will have to be red. Besides getting creative with the mousse you can replace it with something else entirely, but I suggest topping your filling with mousse or whipped cream for that final effect.
Cool mom tip: enlist little helpers to decorate, they will have a blast!
What Disney character would you customize these Disney Inspired Dessert Mickey Cups?