What a great opportunity it was to chat with Kristi Yamaguchi at an Alpine lace Deli Cheese webinar last week. Besides great tips, Alpine Lace Deli Cheese sponsors this giveaway too!
I honestly thought after her skating career and growing up, she was now another housewife and mom. Nothing wrong with that at all. After all being a stay home mom is a full time job. I was surprised to discover that she is also a successful business woman creator and owner of her own active wear line, spokesperson, mom, wife and much more.
during the webinar, Kristi shared tips on reaching a balanced life while keeping active and healthy.
My favorite thought from her was the fact that just like any regular working mom, she knows that there is not enough time to accomplish it all, so she focussed on prioritizing and finding 30 minutes of me time.
As moms we tend to focus on everyone and everything else. Me time is sometimes just a dream. Listening to Kristi, I realized that those 30 minutes, truly get the energizing back in my court because I get to dedicate time to the things I love or am passionate about. I can actually get to read a book without feeling guilty or not taking care of other things! This was inspiring. Even extra 30 minutes of sleep will make a difference in your day, and you can count that towards your me time of the day.
Other tips she shared were:
- To achieve balance, don’t forget the little things. Family, career and fun are always needed
- Always think of convenient healthy snacks to keep handy like fruits and cheese
- Make time for your friends and stay connected. When you get toghether, make sure you all shcedule your next time together before you go.
- Keep a journals to keep track of what you are grateful for or what you are proud off!
- Get your kids to be active with you
- Have friend be active with you too, that will get you accountability
- While you encourage kids to play outside, get playing yourself too. A good game of Tag burns many calories off!
- If you work in front of a computer, get breaks to stretch. I Japan people do it every hour.
- For a healthy lifestyle and eating habits, moms need to set the example
For more great tips, be sure to visit Alpine Lace on Facebook
A little encouragement to get active and implement a few of the tips above, we bring you one prize pack giveaway that includes:
- a Julia Jacket form the Tsu,Ya activewear line by Kristi Yamaguchi
- a “One Line a Day” journal
- a coupon to Alpine Lace Deli Cheese
To enter the giveaway, tell us which tip you are likely to implement. Once you have done that you can you can take advantage of these bonus entries for the giveaway:
2- Follow us on Pinterest
3- Grab our button
4- Follow our blog publicly (3 entries)
5- Add us to your blog roll
6- Enter any of my other current giveaways (2 entries)
7- Promote this giveaway, and give us the link of where and what you did. (4 extra entries).
8- Follow our friends 3 Pebbles on Twitter and tell them we sent you.
9- Hit the Google plus button and tell us you did so
11- Follow us by email (leave your email in the space at the left right above our button)
*Giveaway will end on May 15th
*Make sure we have a way to reach you, by either enabling your email through blogger, or leaving your email in the comment.
*Winners are chosen by random.org, so make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one comment.
*Rules for each entry must be followed to be valid..
*Winners will be contacted via e-mail and will have 48 hours to reply or new winners will be chosen.
*Cool Moms Cool Tips is not responsible for sponsors not honoring their offer