There is so much the beach can offer, and with kids, the possibilities are endless!
Here is our list of tips of what you can do the next time you visit the beach with the kids:
- Try some beach art: so besides becoming great architects of sand castles ( by the way, use only a little water to be able to build anything with sand), you can encourage little ones to express themselves drawing on the sand. Embellishments can easily be found using shells or sticks.
- I spy for critters: be on the look out for little crabs, birds, insects or even jelly fish. Just be careful with them, you don’t want them stinging you!
- Collect shells: go shell hunting! You can determine a specific color or shape to be on the look out for.
- Get some exercise done: if we go late afternoon to the beach, we love our little yoga routine, but if you are full of energy, chase each other, throw a Frisbee or swim
- Go green: a great opportunity to teach the little ones about conserving our planet by cleaning up plastic bottles or trash. Don’t forget to make sure you bring back any empty wrappers or garbage you might have.
- Hats and glasses
- Fruits (we freeze watermelon slices and grapes)
- Beach chair
- Change for the parking meter
- Water shoes
If you can carry more stuff, then toys are great, but if not, you can get creative and make shells into shovels! Keep in mind we have our bag always ready to go. All we have to add is the fruit and water and off to the beach we are!
Happy Summer everyone.