This DIY Christmas Tree Accent is a record breaking way to decorate your home quick! It is also innovative, fun, festive, easy and requires little materials. Best yet, is that everyone in your home can help make them. Yes, even the littlest hands!
Festive, Inexpensive, Different!
We were looking for things to do with the kids over Thanksgiving and worked on this little festive Christmas tree accent to enhance our holiday decor. We ended up with this super easy DIY Christmas Tree Accent. Great for motor skills and fostering creativity too.
Here is the quick and simple DIY for the holiday season, that is also fun to create!
DIY Christmas Tree Accent
If you have scraps of holiday wrapping paper from last year, bring them out and use them for this fun project. This one also jumps in to the toilet paper rolls crafting craze. More than likely, you already have everything you need at home to bring this tree to life. Let’s get right into it!
Materials you need:
- a kitchen paper tube or roll
- several toilet paper rolls
- wrapping paper
- decoration to serve as tree topper.
- First take your paper toilet rolls and open them. Make them into small cones
- Then, tape them to your kitchen paper roll which is to serve as the trunk of the tree. The reason to do this is to give volume to the tree.Do this from bottom to top. The bottom will have more than the top will.
- Once you have that done. You can make cones with your wrapping paper. These cones will be taped over the cardboard base you already have. Again, you will repeat the process by taping from the bottom up.
- When you are done you are ready to tape the decoration you have chosen as you your tree topper.
Cool mom tip: incidentally, you can also use this as a tree topper as well!
Then you are done! I told you it was easy and quick! I love projects that check off both points, don’t you?
More Christmas Crafting Fun
Are you looking for another tree craft? I have one that we love to put up all winter long. Made out of felt and twigs, these Rustic Pine Trees are a hit! Great for your cabin or mountain home decor as well. Happy crafting! Happy Holidays!