As you know of Chinese Lunar New year celebration was loads of fun. We were very happy to show our #DisneySide for such a beautiful, hopeful and joyful occasion as welcoming a new year with open arms while learning about different cultures is. There were several ways in which we made sure our friend Mickey Mouse made an appearance at our party. We shared with you how to make the conical Asian hats we used for our Chinese New Year. Today we will share how we “Mickeyfied” them. Like everything at Cool Moms Cool Tips, we reach for quick and easy. Hopefully you will agree with us that including the Mickey Ears to this conical hats is not only a great touch but done in a jiffy. #Disneyside
To make the Mickey Mouse Conical Asian Mickey Hats, you will need to already have the conical Asian hats made plus two paper circles per hat. We used paper plates for this.
Before we plunge into giving the hats ears, here is a quick reminder for you on how to make the hats. Be sure to visit our original post for all the detail on making conical Asian hats.
Once we carried out all the steps specified and had our conical Asian hats ready we moved on to getting small dessert sized black paper plates.
- We eliminated to outer fold to have only flat rounds.
- Next step was cutting an inch opening on opposite sides of the top part of the hat
- Then we took our black circle and made a small incision to what would be the bottom of it.
- And, we inserted the circle in the cut on the hat. The portion of the black circle with the small incision needs to sit, and be visible on the under side of the hat.
- Get each flap that is formed thanks to the incision and fold them in opposite direction.
- Place a piece of tape to each flap to make sure the ears won’t fall off.
There you have it! Putting Mickey Mouse ears to our Asian hats was quick, easy and fun. Now its your turn to try them out! You don’t need a special occasion to play with these hats, so go ahead and have fun! Don’t you just love them?