I attended an all paid press trip to facilitate the review of Tomorrowland. All opinions shared, and my excitement for #Tomorrowland is 100% my own.
Disney knocked it out of the park with an entertaining and provocative retro-futuristic film. I have been talking to my family about Tomorrowland quite a bit. I am captivated by how it has the power to keep us talking a while after the film, thanks to elements of hope, optimism, a futuristic view and the can do spirit. Inspired by Tomorrowland, we have been preparing for opening day with a Fun Jet Pack DIY that I am sure will keep my little dreamers busy in Tomorrowland long after we watch it. Let’s go Cool Moms, let’s make Jet Packs! #TomorrowlandEvent
Tip 3: cut bottom of tissue paper for more realistic fiery look.
The top 5 points to consider for this Disney family film (rated PG) are:
- Director Brad Bird and co-writer Damon Linedlof give a nod to Walt Disney’s constant innovation and optimism with Tomorrowland. Inspiration for the film comes from a long lost box discovered by accident at the Disney Archives . The box was labeled 1952, and said to contain models, blueprints and photographs . As you watch the movie on the big screen, be on the look out for iconic Disney attractions and maybe characters in the film 😉
- Stars in this retro-futuristic family film are George Clooney, Britt Robertson, Raffey Cassidy and Hugh Laurie the role of brilliant scientist David Nix (exclusive interviews in the links above). The story line for their characters is: Bound by a shared destiny, former boy-genius Frank (Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity. Both are united by Athena (Raffey Cassidy)who believes in the mission of Tomorrowland. Frank Walker and Casey embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as “Tomorrowland.” What they must do there changes the world—and them—forever.
- It is an entertaining original movie that inspires, and dares us to contribute. Tomorrowland is about hope and optimism reflected by catch phrases as “Can we fix it” and “…a place where nothing is impossible” It is time for us to imagine a different future!
- Tomorrowland is a city built by visionaries with advanced technologies, where the best and brightest people of the world came together to change it. Nothing is impossible in this secret place. You can’t drive to Tomorrowland, but a pin, a Disney ride or a jet pack can help you arrive there.
- Fun fact: Athena’s beautiful blue dress at the World Fair is embroidered with algorithms and theorems, in particular, the golden ratio, a geometric relationship of proportions some artist like Dali have used in their works.
Another fun fact that speaks volumes is that for the first time ever, Walt Disney studios showcased a comprehensive exhibit at Disney Parks on any movie! The exhibit is available until May 24. Tomorrowland opens in theaters everywhere TODAY, May 22. So, however you plan on celebrating Memorial Weekend, make sure you include going to watch Tomorrowland on the big screen. Need ideas? How about a family movie night or a girls night out? I am trying my very best not to give out too much on the movie, so you can really plunge into it and come away with your conclusions about it. I will say this, next week, I will be sharing one of my favorite moments of the movie with some commentary from all 3 George Clooney, Britt Robertson and Raffey Cassidy. It is all in the driving people 🙂