I attended an all paid press trip to facilitate the review of Tomorrowland. All opinions shared, and my excitement for #Tomorrowland is 100% my own.
Disney knocked it out of the park with an entertaining and provocative retro-futuristic film. I have been talking to my family about Tomorrowland quite a bit. I am captivated by how it has the power to keep us talking a while after the film, thanks to elements of hope, optimism, a futuristic view and the can do spirit. Inspired by Tomorrowland, we have been preparing for opening day with a Fun Jet Pack DIY that I am sure will keep my little dreamers busy in Tomorrowland long after we watch it. Let’s go Cool Moms, let’s make Jet Packs! #TomorrowlandEvent
Tip 3: cut bottom of tissue paper for more realistic fiery look.
The top 5 points to consider for this Disney family film (rated PG) are:
- Director Brad Bird and co-writer Damon Linedlof give a nod to Walt Disney’s constant innovation and optimism with Tomorrowland. Inspiration for the film comes from a long lost box discovered by accident at the Disney Archives . The box was labeled 1952, and said to contain models, blueprints and photographs . As you watch the movie on the big screen, be on the look out for iconic Disney attractions and maybe characters in the film 😉
- Stars in this retro-futuristic family film are George Clooney, Britt Robertson, Raffey Cassidy and Hugh Laurie the role of brilliant scientist David Nix (exclusive interviews in the links above). The story line for their characters is: Bound by a shared destiny, former boy-genius Frank (Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity. Both are united by Athena (Raffey Cassidy)who believes in the mission of Tomorrowland. Frank Walker and Casey embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as “Tomorrowland.” What they must do there changes the world—and them—forever.
- It is an entertaining original movie that inspires, and dares us to contribute. Tomorrowland is about hope and optimism reflected by catch phrases as “Can we fix it” and “…a place where nothing is impossible” It is time for us to imagine a different future!
- Tomorrowland is a city built by visionaries with advanced technologies, where the best and brightest people of the world came together to change it. Nothing is impossible in this secret place. You can’t drive to Tomorrowland, but a pin, a Disney ride or a jet pack can help you arrive there.
- Fun fact: Athena’s beautiful blue dress at the World Fair is embroidered with algorithms and theorems, in particular, the golden ratio, a geometric relationship of proportions some artist like Dali have used in their works.
Another fun fact that speaks volumes is that for the first time ever, Walt Disney studios showcased a comprehensive exhibit at Disney Parks on any movie! The exhibit is available until May 24. Tomorrowland opens in theaters everywhere TODAY, May 22. So, however you plan on celebrating Memorial Weekend, make sure you include going to watch Tomorrowland on the big screen. Need ideas? How about a family movie night or a girls night out? I am trying my very best not to give out too much on the movie, so you can really plunge into it and come away with your conclusions about it. I will say this, next week, I will be sharing one of my favorite moments of the movie with some commentary from all 3 George Clooney, Britt Robertson and Raffey Cassidy. It is all in the driving people 🙂
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
My kids would flip their lids for that jet pack. My little one always pretends that his school backpack is a jet pack – it’s so cute.
I can see my grandson jetting around in that super-cool jet pack all day long! I need to make this for him so I’ll be the coolest Nana in town. Can hardly wait for the movie!
Olivia Douglass says
OMG- this is SO cute. You’re super creative, I wish I had that gene of creativity. I LOVED seeing Tomorrowland and going on this press trip with you! 🙂 Hope to see you soon.
Rachel Mouton says
This is the cutest ever!!!!
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
That is the cutest thing ever! I can totally see a little boy or girl jetting around the yard in this. I love it!
Celebrate Woman Today says
You are something, GRL! Creative to the MAX!
Love this DIY “blasters” into the Tomorrowland!
Must have that jetpack!
Christi from sexymoxiemama.com says
This is so cute. I am going to have to make this for my kids. I can’t wait to take my kids to see TommorrowLand. Thanks for sharing.
Amby Felix says
THAT is so adorable! Such a super adorable and creative idea. I am definitely keeping this in mind!!!
That is so cute! It would be perfect for a convention!
Liz Mays says
That’s a really cool project. I’m sure you’ll be keeping it around for Halloween too!
That is such a cute little home made jet pack! I am so hyped to see Tomorrowland, it looks so interesting and something that the whole family would surely enjoy.
Deb- It's me, debcb! says
So cute Taty! I can’t wait to see this movie. It’s going to be great!
Christina S says
This is such a great idea! My little boys would go wild over it!
I like everything George Clooney does. I bet this is going to be no exception. I’d like to see it.
This has to be the coolest craft idea! What kid doesn’t want their own jet pack?? Can’t wait to see this movie.
Paula Schuck says
My nieces would go nuts over this jet pack. I think I just found our weekend project. They are going to be so surprised and excited!
Laura @ Inspiration for Moms says
WOW! That jetpack turned out really cool! My son would love one of those.
Carly Brydon says
This jet pack is super cute! We saw Tomorrowland yesterday and we all loved it! I think my daughter and I are going to have to make this jet pack for her!
Chrystal @ YUM eating says
That is awesome. Although, I have a feeling my husband would have more fun with this than kiddo would. She’s in that “i’m too old for that” stage. 10 going on 16.
That jet pack is way too cool! I bet if my son would see that, he would ask for one. I can’t wait to watch this movie!
I’m pretty sure you’ve got the award for the coolest mom, ever. How imaginative are you!?! Seriously. This Jet Pack thing is wicked.
Jessica Simms says
This is such a neat idea my daughter would love this, I saw the movie with a friend a few days ago and we both agreed this movie was awesome! A great mix of comedy, action and scifi!
Kristine Foley says
This is AMAZING and my kids will flip!
Paula Bendfeldt Diaz says
OMG! I love this, such an awesome idea and so easy to make!
Chubskulit Rose says
You are very artistic! Wish I am that crafty, my kids would sure be thrilled!
Brooke @ Blushing Noir says
That jet pack is awesome! I never would have thought of making that!
omg!!! This is the cutest and coolest thing ever!! My daughter would have a blast playing with a jet pack! Just love this
Michelle @ Dishes and Dust Bunnies says
This is such a cool idea! I would love to make something like this with my son!
Ann Bacciaglia says
I am so excited to see this movie. I am going with a group of girlfriends for girls night.
Lisa Bristol says
This is such a cute DIY project. This will be perfect for a Halloween costume. I am excited to go see this movie.
We can’t wait to see this movie. We are big Disney fans and love Tomorrowland’s attractions!
Erin Kennedy says
Oh my gosh! This is seriously one of the cutest projects I have ever seen! So creative! I love Disneyland and can’t wait to see Tomorrowland, not bad to have Mr. Clooney in it too!
Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen says
This is so cool! Thanks for the tutorial. We can’t wait to see Tomorrowland.
Audra @ Renewed Projects says
This would definitely get year-round play at our house. What a fun idea!
Yes it is a great year-round activity. It is super easy to make and you get to recycle a couple of things or upcycle 😉
Really fabulous! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!