OK confession time. I have a gym membership. As a matter of fact I have had it for two years and have yet to go get my free tour and personal trainer consultation. Why? Well, I did get the membership because I wanted to attain the weight loss that has eluded me. I figured if I went to the gym I would have the discipline to achieve it. Two years later, I am now focused on changing my lifestyle habit toward healthier ones, and I am pondering on including finally getting to the gym for it. While it is true that I have been exercising without the need of a gym, I did take a minute to think about what would get me to take advantage of my membership. Here are #CoolJourney Tips to Using the Gym
- Don’t worry about others: Many times we shy away from the gym because we are worried about what others may say or think about us. If that thought crossed your mind, just destroy it. You are in the gym doing what others are: losing weight, getting toned, becoming healthier. There is always a first step to it, and kudos to you, you are doing just that. It might just be that others won’t give it a second thought, they are busy focusing on their routines. This leads us to tips 2 and 3
- Get a little self-confidence: Wear your cute work out clothes! No, we are not saying you have to bare skin if you don’t want to. There are many different styles of tops and pants to fit all of our needs while giving us that ego boost that will not only help us do our workout comfortably, most likely it will give us a little motivational push to keep on going to the gym.
- Know the equipment: Don’t want to stand clueless in front of a machine every one else just hops on effortlessly? Well ask for a tour, ask for help, reach out to the gym’s staff. Don’t try to figure it out on your own because you could wind up hurting yourself.
- Get with your program: Get help and build your workout program. Like that as you enter the gym you know what you are doing every time, and you ensure you are working out all of your body on a weekly basis. This will save you time, and keep you in check
- Follow gym etiquette: easy simple things make the world go round. it is the same thing at the gym. So wipe down the equipment after you use it, try not to use a machine for too long if you know people are waiting a turn, and please don’t walk in between a mirror and another patron if someone is exercising in front of it.
There you have it 5 basic steps to helping you get into the gym. You can always add to that apps in your phone to help you track your repetitions and guide your workout, and don’t forget that there is more to the gym that cardio exercises 🙂
Above all, have fun and don’t over do it.
Which of these tips will push you to the gym?
Now, remember this is a fitness/ healthy lifestyle link up, so come on and share your posts on topic!
To give you a little more incentive to keep on the fitness/ healthy lifestyle path, we have a giveaway for you. How about winning this heart rate monitor
To enter the giveaway for a chance to win, please use the form below: