I love Halloween! Dressing up, handing candy out and just preparing for it is very exciting to me. This Easy and Quick Halloween Bat DIY is coming to the rescue for me. That is because, this year, with all the crazyness since school started I haven’t been able to convert my home into a haunted mansion of sorts like I love to. But, I need to get the house into Halloween mode! So let’s get right into making these fun bats.
I was inspired to make these bats from my niece’s adorable spider school work. I was about to go get some plastice spiders and glue them all over the wall. Then it hit me how tedious and time consuming it could be. If I could only use something bigger…….Then it hit me: Bats!
Easy and Quick Halloween Bat DIY Instructions
This is what you will need–>
- Black cartuline
- A bat pattern – you can print this one
- A small hole puncher for the eyes.
- Double sided tape
- Draw a bat pattern on your black cartuline and cut out the shapes
- Use your hole puncher to make the eyes. I punched them out with a pencil and them cut out the leftover paper
- To give the bats a dimensional sense, I folder the cut bats on the seams I drew here for you
- Use your double sided tape to place the bats on the surface you desire to decorate. We decorated our walls.
That is it! I told you: quick and easy for an impactful look! Maybe next year if I have more time I will venture doing this with spiders.
What do you think of this Easy and Quick Halloween Bat DIY? Would you do it? The kids helped me out, so you can make it into a family activity too!
Happy Halloween Everyone!