The ocean always gives me that feeling of frescura y pureza – freshness and purity. We always find ourselves on the beach laughing, enjoying and going back to the basics of life, the simple things. ¡Que rico! It is just so cool! The beach and ocean talk to me figuratively about a clean life without much baggage and definitely much laughter. It is easy to bring that same sensation, feeling and philosophy into our home by using Glade® Clean Linen® Wax Melts which inspired our Easy StarFish DIY Garland
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SienteGlade #CollectiveBias
Easy StarFish DIY Garland
As I reflected on la pureza – purity of time spent with the kids on the beach, and the welcome breeze that refreshes us, I decided on a DIY inspired by the Glade® Clean Linen® Wax Melts bring all the freshness and purity that I love about the beach into my casa.
- Twine: You will need two types. One needs to be thicker than the other. For the thick one, I used about a meter fifty and 50 cms of the thinner one.
- Starfish skeletons. Mine are store bought and I used a bag of 10 of them.
- Seashells: 20 small seashells.
Before you start, decide at what intervals you want to have your starfish and seashells located. Mark them on the thick twine.
- Tie a small strand of the thin twine around one of the arms of the starfish at the very top of it. I made two loops and knotted it. For safety, I added a drop of glue.
- Next get another strand of the thinner twine and thread it to the back part of the knotted twine on the starfish.
- Then get your thicker twine and knot this thinned twine you just attached to the starfish onto the thicker one.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 as many times as you planned for starfish on your garland.
- Now we are ready to add the seashell detail to the garland. Get two shells and a 10 cms piece of thin twine.
- Affix a seashell to each of the twine ends. I did it with a drop of glue.
- Once that is done, loop and know the two seashells to the assigned space on the thick twine where you already have added the starfish.
- The finishing touch is making a knot at each end of the now completed StarFish DIY Garland.
Freshness and Purity Inspiration
Definitively, the ocean calls my name. What better way to bring my happy place home? We love having this garland displayed year round, and it can easily be transformed into a seasonal piece. Think of adding flags for the fourth of July. Or, Holly leave for Christmas. Totally, versatile and celebratory!