Last year was all about dreams for me. Dreaming dreams, working towards dreams and making dreams a reality. 2015 was full of great moments and honestly plenty amazing dreams come true plus some moments I never dreamt about like being named Best Latino Parenting Blogger by Latism!
For 2016 I am focusing on ADVENTURE. Adventure could mean many different things to all of us. So no, I am not talking on getting in a roller coaster ride all year long. Instead, I am seeking for those things or moments that enrich life. Something where passion and a sense of exhilaration can be very present along with a big smile and sense of satisfaction after the fact. Helen Keller said “life is either a great adventure or nothing.” How about we find ways to include more adventure in our lives?
It could be a trip, a discovery, a moment, or checking off my list something challenging and why not facing my fears or Trying to convert my weaknesses into strengths? Right? So here are my Tips to Include Adventure in 2016 which I hope will get you on the path to superb adventure if you are seeking it.
Tips to Include Adventure in Your Life
- Change your ways: routine is important but so is shaking things up a bit. It could be in small measure, and still lead you into a great chance for adventure, like the time you decided to ride the metro instead of driving all the way to work, and discovered that perfect little pastry shop you would otherwise never have gone in to try out. Bottom line, do something out of the ordinary. Anything.
- Stop collecting material things: Next time you want to indulge in something, leave aside buying a new pair of shoes, and get yourself a lesson on _____ (you fill in the blank). Create experiences for yourself!
- Talk to people: have meaningful conversations about the topics we shy about like life, politics and religion, go deep and see where that leads you to. Also, spark up some chit chat with strangers. You never know what you might learn or what great friends you might add to your life.
- Take time for yourself: Me time is great. Make the best of time you spend alone with yourself. Allow yourself the freedom to do anything and everything you want during this time. Dance like no one is watching, go watch a movie or visit a place you normally would with a group of friends.
- Find adventure everywhere: it is a mindset. You don’t have to come up with adventure all the time. If something on a blog, a movie or a book inspires you to get up and do something, use that as a guide and tailor it to your personality and wants.
- Keep dreaming: if you keep dreaming, you will keep pushing yourself to reach those dreams. In doing so, you will force yourself to some adventure in the way to making dreams come true!
So how about it? Ready for the next adventure? I excited about the prospect of opening new horizons, worlds, culture, gastronomic discovery or amazing people in this journey. Remember, life itself is one big adventure. What will be your next adventure?