Compensation was provided by Snack Pack® via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Snack Pack®.
Ready for some fun spring activities? We are taking nature walks, having picnics at the beach and learning about flower types. And speaking of flowers, last week we decided to make some of our own. The outcome was some adorable edible flowers that are perfect for any Spring or Easter celebration. Get your kitchen crafting ready, we are going to Celebrate Spring with Fun Edible Flower Pudding Cups DIY.
Celebrate Spring with Fun and Yummy Flower Pudding Cups DIY
To make our project, we set it all outside in our backyard to take in all the wonderful spring weather. Our edible flowers are fun and yummy to make, as well as a perfect way to put in some family bonding time as you work on a delicious snack for your spring or Easter celebrations. I particularly like that you can choose to do these beforehand or have them as an activity of your event. Either way, it will definitively give you several good hours of fun and creativity.
Making Fun Edible Flower Pudding Cups
Surely you already have most of the materials for the delicious flower pudding cups in your kitchen. Here is how we made ours:
- Pudding cups
- Mini marshmallows. We used the spring colored ones and some white ones.
- Edible grass
- Sandwiched cookies
- Candy sticks
- Open up your pudding cup, make sure if anyone steals a spoonful of it, it is not more than that until the project is done 🙂
- Separate the cream-filled cookies. Get the cookie half with the cream filling, and spread some pudding on the side without the filling.
- Place the petals (mini marshmallows) all around the border of the cookie, on top of the pudding you just spread on it.
- Now go ahead and fill the center of the circle with sprinkles. Just like the marshmallows, these will stick to the pudding.
- Get your piece of candy stick and insert it into the cream filling. You can use licorice for this. (I didn’t because the kids don’t like it). Your edible flower is done. Set it aside to prepare its “soil”.
- Next, get the edible grass and make a nest with it and place it over your pudding cup.
- The final step is inserting your finished flower into the pudding cup.
Made with their favorite ingredients, the kids always love to have the opportunity to play with their food and these pudding cups and mix-ins are a chance to do just that. They were in heaven!
My heart melted. It was adorable to see the boys offering their flower pudding cups to their moms and princesses admire their own. In the end, everyone enjoyed a spring pudding cup with a creative mix-in combination to mark Spring and Easter joy.
Time to set up your ingredients and round up the kids to make yummy and fun Fun Edible Flower Pudding Cups. Are you ready? Do you have other spring / Easter ideas for your celebrations this year?