This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HogWildThrowdown #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Summer is grilling time! Truth be told, year round is grilling time for us. That said, it was always Sr. Cool who did the grilling around here, particularly when it came to ribs. We love eating ribs and we never wanted to risk anything happening to our favorite rib recipe (like me burning them on the BBQ). Despite the ceremony and mystery over grilling our ribs. I decided to face everyone’s fears, including my own and have a hand at making what turns out to be an Amazingly Delicious Failproof Orange-Jalapeño Rib Recipe I am here to tell you there is no secret, no mystery, and no difficulty. Grilling ribs on the BBQ is chef’s play with Smithfield®!
The Amazingly Delicious Failproof Orange- Jalapeño Rib Recipe
While I love cooking, it is widely known that I need to up my game. A clutz, a space cadet and a rebel mixed all in one means that something will burn, something will be undercooked and something will be widely different to the original recipe. However, it seems that since I have taken to the grill with ribs, there is now a failproof rib way! Get ready for my Amazingly Delicious Failproof Rib Recipe:
- 1 pack of Smithfield® ribs. This recipe works great with all their ribs. I used pork spareribs this time around.
- 2 cups of orange juice
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 2 extra finely chopped jalapeños – make sure to remove the seeds and white veins to reduce the heat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Combine all the ingredients minus the ribs and pepper in a blender cup and puree them
- Marinate the ribs with the pureed ingredients and sprinkle it with the pepper
- Light the BBQ and wait until the coals are lit before adding the ribs
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and wrap them in aluminum foil
- Place the wrapped ribs on the grill for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- After an hour and 45 minutes, open the aluminum foil pouch and carefully drain the ribs by poking holes in the aluminum foil.
- Leave the foil open for 5 more minutes to roast the ribs.
Since I have discovered that I am a master rib griller (which just about anyone can be with Smithfield® ribs) I realize Smithfield® is my “secret-not-so-secret” grilling ally. I haven’t ventured into grilling anything else. I doubt I will. Why would I when I know that Smithfield® ribs are hand-trimmed, extra tender and juicy? That on will make me as a chef shine! Regardless of how inexperienced I still am at the grill, Smithfield ® Extra Tender fresh pork will always make me look like an expert griller. Sr. Cool move out of the rib grilling area please! As a mom concerned for what my family eats, I rest assured because no steroids or hormones are added to the Smithfield® Ribs.
More Smithfield® Good News
To add to all this goodness, Smithfield® is encouraging amateur and pro-grillers alike with the very exciting Hog Wild Throwdown contest which features celebrity grill talent Moe Cason and Tuffy Stone who for the past two years have been lending a hand in sharing about the superior Smithfield® quality of meat available at Walmart and how easy it is to grill their ribs.
Yes, I did get my Smithfield® ribs at Walmart just like they do :-). Heads up, prizes include two (2) Ford F-150’s!
Is there more Smithfield® Good News? You bet there is! You can earn up to a $3.00 rebate on the purchase of one (1) Smithfield® Rib and one (1) KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce or Marinade 18 oz. or larger via Ibotta Digital Rebates. (Offer good to residents of AL, AR, CT, HI, KY, MA, ME, MN, MO, NC, ND, NJ, RI, UT and WV) – No Beer Purchase Required.
Because I now master the BBQ grilling Smithfield ribs occurs a minimum of 3 times a week. We don’t need a party or a gathering. All we need is our pack of ribs and a family around the table to enjoy a satisfying easy and satisfying rib dinner!
Tell me, are you the designated griller at home, or are you like me the news master griller thanks to Smithfield®?