This is a sponsored post and it might contain affiliates. All excitement for anything Marvel and opinions are 100% my own.
We have declared ourselves on Team IronMan. We love Captain America, but honestly, you can’t beat two MIT master degrees, a suit that is being used today in healthcare since 2013, and a brilliant scientist who is not a mutant or an alien but a super huMAN? . Luckily for me, everyone at home is also on Team IronMan, so we don’t have our own civil war over the superheroes. Nevertheless, many of our friends are on Team Cap. To be fair, we are celebrating the release of Captain America: Civil War on Blu-Ray/ DVD combo, with a Cool Captain America: Civil War Coasters DIY.
Cool Captain America: Civil War Coasters DIY
OK so Captain America might be a living legend but with our hearts and minds strongly set on IronMan’s camp let have peace while we watch Captain America:Civil War. To that end we have Cool Captain America: Civil War Coasters DIY for both leaders of each team. Here is how we made ours:
- 9.5 cms diameter circles of high grammage paperboard or Clear sealant spray
- Metallic cardboard. We got gold for IronMan and Silver for Captain America
- A box cutter
- Spray paint
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- IronMan and Captain America Templates
- Clear sealant spray
- Glue stick
- Spray paint your paper or cork rounds and set aside to dry.
- Get your templates ready. You can use ours ironman-template.
- Using the templates, cut out the metallic cardboard with the box cutter. Make as many as you intend to make coasters.
- Once the spray paint is dry, get the glue stick and affix your superhero image on to the round
- With the foam brush give the entire round a layer or Mod Podge and leave to dry
- Cut 9.5cms in diameter rounds of felt
- Turn the coasters around and using the Mod Podge glue the felt to the back of the coaster.
- When the backside of the coaster is dry, turn it around and spray clear sealant over the coaster.
- Leave to dry thoroughly and then use them!
Tip1: you can use tiles as the base of your coasters as well
Tip2: I repurposed restaurant paper coasters for this project. Upcycle to save time, money and the planet and avoid “collateral damage” sorry, I just had to use that from the movie 🙂
Tip3 : instead of covering the entire backside of the coaster with felt, you can choose to do a few smaller pieces instead.
Rustic finish disclaimer 🙂 :little hands helped me out with this easy craft. The circles would be more polished if an adult had done them or if using a puncher.
ABOUT CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
Like the Russo brothers shared, there is no Captain America without a political aspect, and so after enjoying “Carte Blanche” to stop villains, world leaders begin to wonder if in their quest to safeguard humanity, the Avengers have become as destructive and harmful to mankind as the bad guys they pursue. So the same leaders are asking Avengers to be accountable for their actions. Tony Stark / Ironman pushes to align to the world’s request but Steve Rodgers/ Captain America (Chris Evans) believes the Avengers should remain and independent entity with no regulations to restrict them on their quest. The result is a battle of will, strength, and heart like no other!
The rest of the members of The Avengers decide on accountability or independence. Divided, they stand as #teamIronMan: Vision (Paul Bettany), War Machine (Don Cheadle) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson); and #TeamCap: Falcon (Anthony Mackie), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), and Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan).
Not only do you get the movie on the Blu-Ray/DVD combo, but also tons of bonus features like
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War – Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War – From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
It is just perfect for all Marvel fans. As for me, no masks, no secret identities: Tony Stark is Ironman, and plus helloooooooooo, Robert Downey Jr!!!! Arc reactors ready, let’s watch Captain America: Civil war! Why do you root #TeamIronMan or #TeamCap?