This is a sponsored post as part of BJs Wholesale Blogger Ambassador program. All opinions shared are 100% my own.
The excitement of the holidays is upon us! Santa’s letters are made, the home is decorated and the warmth of the season is all around us. We are more than ready to welcome our friends and family for some great times together! I love rounding up the kids to help out with the celebrations, so we are making together Christmas Tree Folded Napkin Place Holders.
Christmas Tree Folded Napkin Place Holder
I am copying these trees from our school holiday parent lunch. The kids made them for us! These adorable Christmas Tree Folded Napkins will be a great addition to your tablescape. I know it sure lives up our plates! Here is how we make them in no time:
- 1 Napkin
- 1 Stick of cinnamon
- 1 Star – I used a snowflake
- 1 Baker rope
- Place you napkin in a diamond shape facing you. The loose leaf ends should be pointing south
- Take each of the loose napkin leaves and fold them upward leaving half a centimeter between the top part and the next leaf to be folded upwards. Do this until your run out of napkin leaves to fold upwards. You are left with a semi- triangular shape.
- Next, fold the left and right sides of your semi-triangular shape inwards and behind the folded face of the “triangle.
- You are left with an elongated cone that has plenty of flaps facing you. Take each flap and fold them inwards and upwards under themselves. Repeat this to every flap.
- At the bottom you are left with a point that you can fold completely back. You will end up with a triangle that seems to be pleated
- Add a star or ornament at the top, and a stick of cinnamon to the bottom to complete your Christmas tree. As a final detail you can tie ribbon to the cinnamon stick
You can add as many accents and details to the tree as you want. Get creative with it! I am dubbing these Christmas Tree Folded Napkins as place cards and putting a name on each of them.
Every Hostess Need Covered
I love pampering my guests. It is a pleasure hosting friends and family. Of course this cool chill mom needs to do it stress-free. This is why, like I mentioned earlier, I always go to BJ’s Wholesale to get it all in one stop. Napkins, paper plates, wine glasses, serving trays, you guessed it, BJ’s have them too. I even take care of those who invite us over with fantastic host / hostess fool proof ideas over at BJ’s Wholesale!
Not only do I get all the best ingredients for our festivities, I also take care of our family and home needs at BJ’s. Case and point, I got all my table setting elements and serving ware at BJ’s 🙂
With the table setting ready I focus on food. Cheese or meat platters, appetizers, main dishes like spiral ham and drinks are all available for you to pick and choose from, while saving time and money at BJs.
A fun fact is that I get great gift ideas for Santa at BJ’s too. Did you know they have an exclusive top 10 hottest toy list that passed every kid test?. I dropped a good hint on wanting a pair of earrings I saw there :-).
When I host, my go to store to cover all my needs is BJ’s Wholesale. Since I save so much time stopping at BJ’s to get food, decorations, snacks, appetizers, ingredients, drinks, desserts and party platters, I can sit at leisure and make our Christmas Tree Folded Napkins on the day of the get-together! These do complete any perfect table setting as effortlessly as it is to shop at BJ’s, I love that place! You will have tons of fun making these Christmas Tree Folded Napkins. Make it part of your family holiday activities too.
BJ’s totally puts me in a zen mode as I get ready to be the hostess! Let the festivities begin! We are beyond ready to celebrate!
Do you have a little special something you always make for your holiday table settings?