We were invited to experience the Biltmore Culinary Academy with no compensation.
When you are in Miami and think Biltmore you most likely instantly think luxury stay, amazing pool or great round of golf. I do think about stepping into their spa, or indulging in a fabulous meal at one of their restaurant. This Florida historic, iconic and oh so Miami landmark offers more still. Did you know you can rub elbows with one of the renowned Biltmore chefs in their own kitchen? Not only can you, but you must. And bring the kids, Cooking is a Family Affair at The Biltmore Culinary Academy!
Cooking is a Family Affair at the Biltmore Culinary Academy!
Whether you are looking teach your kids how to cook, get some extra helping hands in the kitchen or want a fun activity to share, the Biltmore covers it all for you. Cooking is a Family Affair at the Biltmore Culinary Academy because you can:
- take a mommy and me class
- round up your tribe to learn delicious dishes
- enroll your kids in Spring break camp or summer camp!
A Bounty of Deliciousness and Tips at The Biltmore Culinary Academy: My Mommy Cooking Class
My first class ever at The Biltmore Culinary Academy was focussed on helping moms cook kid-friendly meals that appeal to grown-ups as well. The recipes were easy to follow and the class was teeming with amazing tips like
how to get rid of the garlic smell from your hands:
How cool is that little gem of knowledge?
Our charismatic, beyond knowledgeable and welcoming teachers, were chefs Kat Cardoso and Dave Hackett. We set up in pairs at our stations and each team had a recipe or two to carry out. This is what we made:
- meatball stuffed paccheri pasta
- cinnamon and apple empanadas plus PB&J empanadas
- chicken apple sausage blankets with honey mustard sauce
- rice krispy chicken tenders with homemade BBQ sauce and baked potato wedges wrapped in bacon.
- butternut squash mac and cheese cups
During Spring break camp and summer camp, the kids learn to make their favorite types of foods. Twist to make recipes into foodie delights are included in the lessons as well, as explained by chef xx
Cool mom tip: well cher xx tip – cover your surface with plastic wrap so when you are done clean up is just removing the wrap from your workspace!
how to cut like a chef
Things to expect from The Biltmore Culinary School
I can’t deny we had a great time, and it was an enriching experience. I am looking forward to our next class. These are things that stood out from our memorable experience are:
- Your cooking class will be AMAZING! Learn, cook and share a meal you will not soon forget.
- Regardless of your level, you will learn and feel comfortable.
- Family style eating will take place once it all has been cooked. Get ready to indulge.
- Every class is a unique experience.
- Ask and you shall receive: for example, need a vegan class? Yes, The Biltmore can set it up for you.
A family affair
Baby and bridal showers can be celebrated with a class and why not a sweet 16 or quinceañera. If you are not quite yet celebrating a family, your process to get there can start at The Biltmore Culinary Academy. How about a date night that sizzles? Yes, make it happen there too. Regardless what your reason might be, there is no doubt you will be making lifetime sweet memory with your family at the cooking school kitchen!
I can just picture myself learning to make fabulous meals or pastries and then hopping over to the spa 🙂
Tell me, what would you celebrate at The Biltmore Culinary Academy? Which one of your kiddos would love to attend spring or summer camp there?
Oh and while you are in the area, do explore the Venetian Pools!