Welcome back to our #TalkMarvelToMe series! Two weeks ago I told you all about the coolest Avenger ever: Mr. Tony Stark and clinked our glasses to him with a fab IronMan Cocktail recipe. This week, I am totally geeking out with The Power of Black Widow. True, Black Widow does not (YET) have her own Marvel movie, but the movies would not be the same without her, in my opinion. She rocks the MCU and that deserves an Enigmatic Black Widow Cocktail to sip on, don’t you agree?
Talk Marvel To Me Series
We really don’t need an excuse to talk all things, Marvel. That said, our little series allows us to really put out there who our favorite Avengers are and why. It is especially helpful when my Team Cap buds, bless their hearts, can’t see the awesomeness of IronMan. Come read us and chat us up on our MCU thoughts. Patty is focussing on The Winter Soldier, Tania on The Falcon costume and Britni heralds the one and only Stan the Man with a very cool game on his movie cameos. Oh and in true Natasha Romanova mysterious style, shhhh, don’t tell Tania or Captain America what we discovered about Anthony Mackie a few years back.
Who is Black Widow
Marvel tells us that Natasha Romanova, known by many aliases, is an expert spy, athlete, and assassin. Trained at a young age by the KGB’s infamous Red Room Academy, the Black Widow was formerly an enemy to the Avengers. She later became their ally after breaking out of the U.S.S.R.’s grasp, and also serves as a top S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.
The Power of Black Widow
Needless to say, Black Widow is one of the best agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I am sure she wouldn’t want to have you reading her file or anything discussed here, but it is time to exalt one of the most mysterious Avengers there is. My research indicates that her real name is Natalia Romanova and like Captain America was injected a serum that decreases the process of aging. Better than Botox that girl looks fierce!
But beyond her awesome hair and looks Black Widow rocks because Natalia Romanova is:
- She is an accomplished ballerina…..or is she? That just talks about the multi-faceted life of women and on how we can excel on several levels.
- Her tough backstory in the Red Room is a reflection of how we can survive, walk ahead and not dwell on vengeance.
- While she can make the tough calls, she has some good jokes on her too.
- Natasha is a team player but doesn’t need one. She knows her value.
- Black Widow is the ultimate FBI meets CIA meets MI6 meets Interpol meets KGB meets….you get my drift.
- Her brains are the most powerful weapon in S.H.I.E.L.D and while he won’t admit it, Nick Fury knows it 🙂
On a final note, touched upon briefly, she has all the qualities of every amazing woman: a tough side and a family one. Think Hawkeye on Civil War and his family. I think all this deserves raising our Enigmatic Black Widow Cocktail glasses.
Enigmatic Black Widow Cocktail
There really is more to say about the power of Black Widow, but let’s not give everything away just yet. It is time to taste the Enigmatic Black Widow Cocktail. A nod to her inheritance, the spider bite tech of this drink comes from the vodka, but it is softened by sweet ingredients added to the mix.
- Dip the rim of your glass in simple syrup and then dip the glass into the black sprinkles. Set to the side
- In a blender add ALL of the ingredients for about 30 seconds
- Pour the liquor mix into the glass and garnish.
Cool mom tip: you can add muddled raspberries for a textured drink.
Now, with the Enigmatic Black Widow Cocktail in hand, tell me what you think about Natalia Romanova?