So much new magic awaits us at Disney Parks!!! Yeeehaw!!! The first grand opening we get to experience is Andy’s backyard at Disney’s Hollywooed Studios! Are you ready for it partner? To top it all, summer 2018 will be the Summer of Pixar with new things happening at Disneyland with Pixar Pier as well! Let’s chear for Toy Story Land and Pixar Pier!!! To celebrate, we have a Toy Story Alien FreakShake Recipe. I will set a Toy Story Land playfull mood for all!
We were invited to the Disney Social Media Moms Conference. All opinions shared are 100% our own.
Toast With This Toy Story Alien FreakShake
We are sure the new Toy Story Land will make quite a statement at Disney Hollywood Studios. It is impossible not to join in the magic of what is to come. We had to live up to the fun with a Toy Story Alien FreahShake of Epic proportions to toast with! It is perfect for themed parties, a special snack, and as a cool bonding activity with the kids.
Friendly Toy Story Alien FreakShake Recipe
How to make the Alien
Ingredients for the icing transfer (Alien)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups powder sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon of extract vanilla
- 4 piping bags fitted with the number 2 tip
- 1 piping bags fitted with the number 1 tip
- Leaf Green, Black, Royal Blue, and Sky Blue gel food coloring
- An image of a Toy Story Alien
- Pen or pencil to trace the image for the icing transfer
- White paper
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 5 bowls
Directions to make transfer ( Alien)
- Use your Alien image and trace it with your pencil onto the white paper every 4 inches
- Place the traced paper onto the cookie sheet
- Fit a sheet of parchment paper onto the cookie sheet and tape the edges so that you have a smooth flat area
- Combine the powder sugar, egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla. If the royal icing is still a yellow soup, add in 1/2 Ca cup of powder sugar
- Mix until you get stiff peaks
- Evenly divide the icing into the 4 bowls.
- Add a few drops of each color to each bowl and mix well.
- Leave the fifth bowl white
- Scoop some of the black icing into the piping bag with the number 1 tip piping bag and set aside
- The remaining icings need to go into the number 2 tip piping bags and set aside
- Use the black icing to outline the Alien
- The Green icing is for the body parts of the alien. Make sure you leave three openings on the head for the eyes
- Use the Sky Blue icing to pipe in the alien’s shirt
- For the collar and belt use the Royal Blue icing
- Using the white icing, pipe in 3 large dots in the openings on the head for the eyes
- Finally, use black icing for the pupils. Set aside for 1 day to dry.
Props used for the milkshake decorations:
- 1 container of chocolate frosting
- Blue and Green regular size M&M’s
- A chocolate frosted chocolate cake donut
- Green, yellow and orange whirly pops
- A Green Gillyum stick
- One Green jawbreaker lollipop
- Purple and green candy melt stick
- Green rock candy
- Blue, White and green star confetti sprinkles
- 1 can of whipped cream
Directions to create the candy melt stick
- Green candy melts – 1 bag
- Purple candy melts- 1 bag
- Yellow candy melts- 1 bag
- 1 silicon star mold
- bamboo sticks
- Melt the yellow candy melts following the directions on the back of the bag
- Pour the melted yellow candy melts into the star silicon mold and place into the fridge for an hour
- Using the green candy melts, melt a few pieces to make a “Glue”
- Tape two bamboo sticks together
- Add a dollop of the melted candy melt onto the back of a solid green candy melt and place onto the stick
- Next, add a dollop of the melted candy melt onto the back of a purple one
- Once the stars are solid, pop a few out and add a few dollops of the melted candy melt onto the back of the star
- Chocolate chip mint shake Ingredients
Making the Shake
- 5 Scoops of chocolate chip mint ice cream
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- Blender or milkshake machine
Combine all ingredients into the blender and blend until
Putting the FreakShake Together
- Using the chocolate frosting and a butter knife, frost the rim of the milkshake glass
- Alternate between the two colors of M&M’s and place them into the chocolate frosting
- Pour the milkshake about 3/4 way into the prepared glass
- Place the doughnut onto the top of the milkshake so that it sits on the rim of the glass
- The green, orange, and yellow whirly pop go into the back middle of the donut
- Put the candy melt stick into the left side of the doughnut
- Place the jawbreaker lollipop on the right side of the doughnut
- The rock candy goes in the middle of the donut on the left side
- Pipe whipped cream into the center of the donut
- Place the green apple stick into the whipped cream
- Sprinkle some of the sprinkles on top of the whipped cream
- Carefully place the Alien transfer into the whipped cream
What to Expect at Toy Story Land
Toy Story Land promises to be amazing! The details and wonder of it all will keep us smiling as we visit. Expect to never want to leave the 11 acres of play! When you walk in to Andy’s backyard you will have been shrunken down to a toy size. As toys, you are expected to play big and have the best time.
You are going to love the rides:
- Slinky Dog Dash: family-friendly coaster full of thrills!
- Allien Swirling Saucers: if you have giggled non-stop on Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree at Carsland in Disneyland, you have an idea of these out of this world saucers.
- Toy Story Mania: with a revamped queue, everyone will enjoy the competitive ride we know so well!
Here is a full Toy Story Land Ride Guide for you.
After all the play, fuel up and recharge your batteries, toys!
Woody’s Lunch box will be the place to just that. It is a quick-service restaurant of American classics with a magical twist. We got you covered with the yumminess you can get ready to try there
Get ready to take thousands of perfect photos in this new land
Get ready for a colorful are with plenty of photo opportunities. Instagram walls, get ready for some incredible spots not to be missed!
Toy Story Land will open on June 30th, 2018. Will I see you there?