Everyone wanted to know where was AntMan during Avengers: Infinity War. After the giant role he played in Captain America: Civil War why didn’t even have a cameo? The answer is: probably trying hard to comply with his Sokovia Accords imposed house arrest…or not? We got some clarity from Ant-Man himself. Paul Rudd Shares Fun Facts on Ant-Man and the Wasp.
I was invited by Disney to the AntMan and the Wasp Set in Atlanta in Pinewood Studios. All opinions shared are my own.
Exclusive Interview: Paul Rudd Shares Fun Facts on Ant-Man and the Wasp
Little me shrank even further during our secret visit to the AntMan and The Wasp set in Atlanta last October. Of course, being petite, I have always had a special place in my heart for “la hormiga atómica” (the atomic ant, better known in English as AntMan) despite all of my #TeamIronMan love. So sitting down for a chat with Paul Rudd who plays AntMan (Scott Lang) had me beyond star-stuck. Our conversation was fantastic. He was funny, welcoming and I must say he did try to confuse us will all the Infinity War talk we had.
10 Ant-Man Fun Facts in AntMan and Wasp
- Leaving his criminal life behind, being a straight arrow and the best father ever are Scott Lang’s objectives at the start of Marvel’s AntMan and The Wasp. Paul Rudd shares: “There’s a job at hand that I am playing a very important part in, and even if I don’t really want to be [things happen]”
- He is not in speaking terms with Hope and Hank.
- AntMan’s suit has been updated and Paul Rudd feels like a superhero in it. He does admit the suit is flattering. While it is a bit hard to breathe in it, he won’t complain about it because he met Dave Bautista (Drax on Guardians of the Galaxy) “He’s a big guy, and he was very nice. He asked me, “How is that suit? It must not be very comfortable.” And I thought, I don’t think I’m going to complain about my suit to you, who clearly has to sit in the makeup chair for hours on end. He has a whole process of getting all that stuff off [too], so I said well, the suit’s fine. It’s pretty good.”.
- Playing the different sizes of AntMan does not affect acting. “You just have to be careful where you step.”. Paul Rudd jokes. and adds that he does hope that visually it is striking regardless is the scene is action-packed or funny.
- Paul Rudd doesn’t necessarily stick to the script. He veers from it while keeping on point. It really depends who he is working with.
- AntMan and AntMan and the Wasp both use macro photography “Which is a really cool thing because you would think that a lot of these close up shots are just computer generated, and they’re not.”. tells Paul Rudd.
- Does Paul Rudd feel ridiculous playing out AntMan? “All the time. I’m a grown man riding around on an ant. It’s all silly, and it’s great, and it’s a lot of fun, but yeah, there are certainly times… also in the fighting scenes, too.“.
- When he sees and ant pile, Paul Rudd does not step on it. He has an all new respect for ants.
- Paul Rudd knows his ants. He doesn’t know all of them but can identify a good number of them
- In Captain America: Civil War the Russo brothers wanted AntMan to be funny and defuse a bit all the heavy stuff going on. AntMan and The Wasp is carrying over more of the comedy than in AntMan.
Is AntMan in Any of the Infinity Movies?
Here is the transcript on how Paul Rudd tried to tell us without telling and then confuse us about AntMan and Infinity movies:
Q : So you were on house arrest in the first movie Infinity War movie? Do we see you at all?
P. Rudd : What’s that? In Infinity, or in Ant Man?
Q : Ant Man.
P. Rudd: This one?
Q : Yes, so the first Infinity War movie, are you on house arrest?
P. Rudd: Oh, I don’t know, I don’t know where it kind of crosses over.
Q : What about the second Infinity War?
P. Rudd: I’ve been working on that one for a few days, so, I am not on house arrest during the second one.
Q : So we see you in that one but not the first one?
P. Rudd: Oh, I don’t know, I don’t know how they chop it up. Are you fishing for details? Look, here’s the thing. I have no idea.
Q : You answered my question unknowingly, so we’re good.
P. Rudd : Well when you figure it out, let me know because I really don’t, I have no idea.
P. Rudd : I’m not in either Infinity movies.
We have some time to know, so for now, we are totally focussed on AntMan and the Wasp. By the way, you can get your tickets NOW!