Have you been watching Marvel’s New Series Cloak and Dagger? I hope you have. It is a dark series rated TV 14 that starts right at the beggining and shows us how its two protagonists discover and evolve their powers. The story line grabs you from the start! Last week during out AntMan and the Wasp event we had the chance to sit down for an exclusive interview with Andrea Roth (“Melissa Bowen”), Miles Mussenden (“Michael Johnson”), Tom Lieber Vice President of Original Programming at MARVEL TV (Marvel Studios VP, Original Programming & Creative) and Executive Producer Joe Pokaski to go over the Things To Know About marvel’s New Series Cloak and Dagger!
I was invited by Disney to the AntMan and the Wasp Press Event that included Cloak and Dagger Interview opportunities All opinions shared are my own.
Things To Know About Marvel’s New Series Cloak And Dagger
What struck me the most about our conversation was actor Miles Mussenden who plays Tyrone’s father. He is using his real-life parenting to get into his role. At the same time, he explained that the intricacies and traumas that his on-camera family has gone through have taught him to be more in the moment, more present. To listen deeply and intently while observing everything about his children. No undertone is now left to chance in an effort to be the best parent and give them the best he can.
What you need to know about Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger:
From our exclusive interview, things that you will love to know about the show:
- Cloak and Dagger is an emotional, dark and gritty show.
- The show is written in a way that parents will enjoy watching with their kids. The parental roles will have a fundamental supporting part that can teach, inspire or open eyes for parent viewers.
Fun fact: Andrea Roth enjoys her parenting role because she has a great relationship with Olivia who plays Tandy. Even when they film tough scenes it is all hugs afterward.
- The show takes place in New Orleans. They love the different look and feels very Cloak and Dagger. It has the look and the mystery. New York City may be very full of superheroes already 🙂
- Things are in the works to hopefully see a crossover with other Marvel characters, so keep watching!
- Families are a big part in Cloak and Dagger. Hopefully, it will open doors for different difficult topics to be discussed at home.
Cloak and Dagger behind the scenes details
- Costumes are in the works but for now the focus on telling the story of the characters for now.
- The music propels every scene! The music really is amazing. Executive Producer Joe Pokaski tells us that there is not a specific genre that is chosen. It is more about sounds and tempos that underline a moment. There is a mix of many different music types, as long as the music drives the scene they will go with it.
Fun fact: despite intense scenes and a dark storyline, the cast and crew do get in good laughs and have a great time working on the show
- Cloak and Dagger was written about 5 years ago for ABC family. The home for Cloak and Family is Freeform and new episodes air on Thursdays at 8 pm on Freeform.
- Executive Producer Joe Pokaski loves tweeting along while the show is airing. He is great at giving clues of what will happens next!
About Marvel’s New Series Cloak And Dagger
If you have not, hurry up can catch up! You have four cool episodes to enjoy so far before watching today episode number 5. We viewed before our exclusive interview with Andrea Roth (“Melissa Bowen”), Miles Mussenden (“Michael Johnson”), Tom Lieber Vice President of Original Programming at MARVEL TV (Marvel Studios VP, Original Programming & Creative) and Executive Producer Joe Pokaski and it really is powerful and some answers start coming our way!
As a reminder Cloak and Dagger is the story of Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph) – two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers which are mysteriously linked to one another. The only constant in their lives is danger and each other. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to control the power of darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart.