Vacation time? Say no more, we are practically packed and ready to go!!! We are celebrating that our monster friends have decided to embark on a cruise adventure with a Friendly Vampire FreakShake! It is sweet, good looking, full of yumminess and fun to make and eat. The best part of it all is that it is great not only to say hooray for vacation time. It is also fantastic for Halloween. Quite honestly, it is amazing to prepare and share year round because it is just that cool! Of course our Friendly Vampire FreaskShake Recipe is a must do if you are having a Hotel Transylvania themed party or movie marathon night.
Hotel Transylvania 3 Inspired Friendly Vampire FreakShake Recipe
Playing with food is all what this Friendly Vampire FreakShake Recipe is about! I do recommend it as a great activity to do with the kids. It will encourage creativity and before long the children will start making up their own monster adventures as you work together. There are a few steps to the process to making the bat or friendly vampire, so be patient. The rewards are totally worth it!
Friendly Vampire FreakShake Recipe
Make Friendly Vampires
Ingredients for the friendly vampire (the icing transfer)
- Printed image of Mavis from Hotel Transylvania as a bat.
- Pen or pencil to trace the image for the icing transfer
- A piece of white paper
- 4 piping bags fitted with the number 2 tip
- Sky Blue, Pink, and Black gel food coloring
- 2 egg whites
- 1.5 cups of powder sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 5 bowls
Directions to make transfer
- Take your piece of paper and place on top of the Mavis printed image.
- Using a pen or pencil to trace the image onto the white paper about 3-4 times 4 inches apart.
- Then place the paper on the cookie sheet.
- Fit a sheet of parchment paper over the cookie sheet and tape the edges so that you have a smooth flat area
- Combine the powder sugar, egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add powdered sugar slowly until you get stiff peaks.
- Evenly divide the icing into the 5 bowls,
- In the first bowl, add a few drops of pink food coloring and mix until combined.
- For the second bowl, add a few drops Sky Blue gel food coloring and mix until combined.
- The third bowl, add a few drops of black gel food coloring and mix until combined. You want a dark black color for the body of the bat.
- In the fourth bowl, add in about 1-2 drops of Black gel food coloring and mix until combined. This is going to be a light grey color for the wings.
- Leave the fifth bowl white.
- Scoop some of the black icing into the piping bag with a number 2 tip piping bag and set aside
- Place the remaining icings into the remaining number 2 tip piping bag and set aside.
- Using the black icing, outline the body of the bat you traced and fill in the body.
- With the blue icing, fill in the area for the eyes.
- Pipe in a black dot for the pupils.
- Next pipe in two small white dots on the pupil and side of the pupil.
- Using the pink icing, fill in the ears.
- The grey icing is to fill in the wingspan of the bat.
- Set aside for 1 day to dry.
- 5 scoops of chocolate ice cream.
- 1/4 cups of whole milk.
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
Props and ingredients to put the Friendly Vampire FreaskShake together:
- Container of chocolate frosting
- Black and purple regular size M&M’s
- Chocolate frosted chocolate cake doughnut
- Green, yellow, white, pink and orange whirly pop
- Black Licorice Gillyum stick
- Purple and Blue small whirly pop
- Purple rock candy
- Tub of red sparkle icing gel
- Can of whipped cream
Directions to putting the freakshake together:
- Using the chocolate frosting and a butter knife, frost the rim of the milkshake glass.
- Alternate between the two colors of M&M’s and place them into the chocolate frosting.
- Pour the milkshake about 3/4 way into the prepared glass.
- Place the doughnut onto the top of the milkshake so that it sits on the rim of the glass.
- Pipe on the red gel icing to look like blood dripping from the top of the doughnut.
- Place the big Whirly pop into the middle of the doughnut.
- Add the rock candy in the right side of the doughnut on the left side.
- Place the smaller whirly pop into the left side of the doughnut.
- Pipe whipped cream into the center of the doughnut.
- Place the Black Licorice stick into the right side of the whipped cream.
- Carefully place the Bat transfer into the whipped cream.
Cool mom tip: this is how we put it together. Once you have frosted your glass and place the doughnut, you can let your creativity wander and create your own version of the Friendly Vampire FreashShake!
There you have it! Ready to admire and savor! It is going to be a hit at your home, I am sure of it!
Hotel Transylvania 3 Inspiration
If anything the Sony movie does inspire me to go on vacation, to simply have fun and enjoy it all. Friendly Vampire FreakShake? A huge bonus! The movie hits theaters everywhere today:
In Sony Pictures Animation’s Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, join our favorite monster family as they embark on a vacation on a luxury monster cruise ship so Drac can take a summer vacation from providing everyone else’s vacation at the hotel. It’s smooth sailing for Drac’s Pack as the monsters indulge in all of the shipboard fun the cruise has to offer, from monster volleyball to exotic excursions, and catching up on their moon tans. But the dream vacation turns into a nightmare when Mavis realizes Drac has fallen for the mysterious captain of the ship, Ericka, who hides a dangerous secret that could destroy all of monster kind.
If you want some more Hotel Transylvania inspired yumminess, check out our:
- Refreshing Vampire Mangonadas: a delicious mango slushie recipe
- Nutty Caramel Popcorn Topped Cheesecake: something everyone will want to sink their fangs into!
Do you think you will try this Friendly Vampire FreakShake Recipe? Anything you would add or replace to it?