Are you ready for more Hundred Acre Wood fun? How about something bouncy, pouncy and delicious? I promise it will be sweet as honey! The Tigger Donut Recipe is a Hit with everyone that savors it! As they are just as impressive as the lovable and fun Tigger in Winnie the Pooh is! These donuts are part of our celebration for Disney’s upcoming movie Christopher Robin!
Bouncy Pouncy Easy Tigger Donut Recipe
Yes, Tigger is my favorite of all of Winnie The Pooh’s friends. His liveliness and vibrant energy always make me smile. I love how he thinks he is terrific at everything. Just like these “tiggerific” yummy donuts which are unique and fun just like Tigger is! A great plus of these donuts is that you can make them for Halloween too!
Tiggerific Tigger Donut Recipe
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 6 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
Orange Icing Ingredients
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon of milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers
- Orange gel food coloring
- 1 piping bag
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
- Spoon in a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing.
Orange icing directions:
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and a few drops of orange gel food coloring until smooth.
- Dunk the donuts in the glaze to fully coat and place on a wire rack to set, about 5 minutes to completely dry.
- Melt half of the Ghirardelli melting chocolate until smooth
- Pour the chocolate into a piping bag and cut off the tip
- Drizzle the chocolate over the doughnuts to give it stripes
Let dry completely before enjoying!
The result? Totally Tiggerific!
A Hundred Acre Wood Celebration
Besides Halloween and Winnie the Pooh themed parties, you can also make these donuts to celebrate the upcoming Disney movie, Christopher Robin! I can’t wait to watch it and the latest sneak peek is just amazing!
About Christopher Robin
In Disney’s heartwarming live-action adventure, the young boy who shared countless adventures with his stuffed animal friends in the Hundred Acre Wood has grown up and lost sight of what’s important in life. Now it is up to his childhood friends to venture into our world and help Christopher Robin rediscover the joys of family life, the value of friendship and to appreciate the simple pleasure in life once again.
Christopher Robin is directed by Marc Forster from a screenplay by Alex Ross Perry and Allison Schroeder and a story by Perry based on characters created by A.A. Milne and E.H. Shepard. The producers are Brigham Taylor and Kristin Burr, with Renée Wolfe and Jeremy Johns serving as executive producers. The film stars Ewan McGregor as Christopher Robin; Hayley Atwell as his wife Evelyn; Bronte Carmichael as his daughter Madeline; and Mark Gatiss as Keith Winslow, Robin’s boss. The film also features the voices of: Jim Cummings as Winnie the Pooh and Tigger; Brad Garrett as Eeyore; Toby Jones as Owl; Nick Mohammed as Piglet; Peter Capaldi as Rabbit; and Sophie Okonedo as Kanga.
Christopher Robin arrives in theatres everywhere next Friday, August 3rd!
Are you looking forward to this movie as much as we are? Ready to make the bouncy pouncy Tigger Donut Recipe?
If you want another themed delicious recipe check out our Hulk donuts!
Leave a Reply