I am so excited about Disney’s The Nutcracker and The Four Realms! It is a live-action version of the classic ” The Nutcracker” that will hit theaters everywhere on November 2nd. So much so that I created a little friend: A Cork Nutcracker DIY Inspired by Disney’s Live-Action Movie the Nutcracker and The Four Realms
Cork Nutcracker DIY Inspired by Disney’s Live-Action Movie the Nutcracker and The Four Realms
The sugar plum fairy will have to move over for a bit around here because I am all over the toy soldiers. So much so that I made one and took him on a tour of the kingdom to see him guarding the places we all enjoy so much. With a little help of the law of physics, we set off the Nutcracker and I, to our adventure. But first, here is how I came up with this easy and fun Nutcracker craft
DIY Cork Nutcracker
Here is how to make a cork Nutcracker DIY
- a bubbly cork
- black, red and golden pain
- a tie wrap
Cool mom tip: you can use a regular wine cork, but the champagne one will give you dimension for the Nutcracker’s cap
- Clean your cork
- Paint the upper part black
- Divide the bottom part of the cork into two halves. Leave the first one untouched and paint the second one red
- Let it dry
- Once the paint is dry use the gold paint to design your Nutcracker’s uniform. You can make an “X” or straight lines.
- Paint a golden dot on the lower left and right side of the “cap” to make it the buttons for the chin strap.
- Get your tie wrap. If it is not black paint it black. I tried but mine did not take the color.
- Make your tie wrap into a “U” shape that goes up to the golden “buttons” made in the soldier’s cap. Cut it to that measurement. Alternatively, you can also peel the edges of your tie wrap to insert it into the cork if you don’t want to glue it. Now you have your chin strap done.
- Glue your tie wrap next to the golden buttons
Cool mom tip: Add a little hook on the top of The Nutcracker and insert a ribbon to tie it to your Christmas tree!
About Disney’s Live- Action The Nutcracker and The Four Realms
All Clara (Mackenzie Foy) wants is a key – a one-of-a-kind key that will unlock a box that holds a priceless gift. A golden thread, presented to her at godfather Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual holiday party, leads her to the coveted key—which promptly disappears into a strange and mysterious parallel world. It’s there that Clara encounters a soldier named Phillip (Jayden Fowora-Knight), a gang of mice and the regents who preside over three Realms: Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers and Land of Sweets. Clara and Phillip must brave the ominous Fourth Realm, home to the tyrant Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren), to retrieve Clara’s key and hopefully return harmony to the unstable world. Starring Keira Knightley as the Sugar Plum Fairy, Disney’s new holiday feature film “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” is directed by Lasse Hallström and Joe Johnston, and inspired by E.T.A. Hoffmann’s classic tale.
Fun fact: did you know the tall fury black cap the Grenadier Guards use are also known as bearskin? That is because a whole black bear hide is needed to make one cap.