This Sugar Plum Cotton Candy Spritzer Cocktail is too yummy not to sip all year long. Bubbly and refreshing in Spring and sweet fun in Fall and Winter! It is easy to make and a crowd pleaser for sure. Oh, and yes, this drink recipe is totally inspired in Disney’s live-action movie of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms!
After our advance screening of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, we couldn’t wait to come make our drink and share with you. All opinions shared are 100% my own.
Sugar Plum Cotton Candy Spritzer Cocktail
When we got to work on our Nutcracker Cork DIY, we did say that Sugar Plum had to take a back seat. Now, however; she is the highlight of our universe! You are not only going to love drinking the Sugar Plum Cotton Candy Spritzer Cocktail but will enjoy making this easy and quick libation.
Sugar Plum Cotton Candy Spritzer Cocktail Recipe
- 1 bottle of Prosecco
- 1/4 cup of diced Strawberries
- 1/4 cup of diced Plum
- 1/2 cup of water
- Cotton Candy to garnish
- Plum halves to decorate glass
- Boil water strawberries and plum
- Use a strainer to separate liquid from fruit
- Pour liquid into a glass flute, add Prosecco
- Add Plum halve to the rim of the glass
- Top it all with a cone shape of cotton candy
Cool mom tip: you can add liquid and fruit into glass if you don’t mind them. Also, if you don’t have Prosecco and don’t need the bubbles, replace for a pink Moscato.
Disney’s The Nutcracker and the Four Realms Light Review
I really don’t want to spoil the movie for any of you, so I don’t want to share much. But here are a few considerations:
- Yes, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is kid-friendly
- No, the movie is not scary (some smaller friends did not want to see the movie because they thought from the trailer it was scary).
- There are plenty of family and friendship values at play. Perfect for teachable moments and conversations starters.
- The costume design is perfection!!! My all-time favorite is Sugar Plum’s dress, but Clara’s uniform is fantastic as are the other realms we see.
- You will want to see it more than once to take in all the details of the film
- It is a great nod to STEM and STEAM
- Another home run for girl power
About Disney’s The Nutcracker and The Four Realms
All Clara (Mackenzie Foy) wants is a key – a one-of-a-kind key that will unlock a box that holds a priceless gift. A golden thread, presented to her at godfather Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual holiday party, leads her to the coveted key—which promptly disappears into a strange and mysterious parallel world. It’s there that Clara encounters a soldier named Phillip (Jayden Fowora-Knight), a gang of mice and the regents who preside over three Realms: Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers and Land of Sweets. Clara and Phillip must brave the ominous Fourth Realm, home to the tyrant Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren), to retrieve Clara’s key and hopefully return harmony to the unstable world. Starring Keira Knightley as the Sugar Plum Fairy, Disney’s new holiday feature film “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” is directed by Lasse Hallström and Joe Johnston, and inspired by E.T.A. Hoffmann’s classic tale.
Are you ready to toast to this fabulous movie with our Sugar Plum Cotton Candy Spritzer Cocktail Recipe?