Yesteday you saw how excited we that The Secret Life of Pets 2 is now available to take home on Blu-ray, 4K, Digital HD, and DVD! We had a super fun viewing party and shared all our ideas for it with you. We didn’t show you how we make The Secret Life of Pets 2 DIY Daisy’s Happy Hat. So today we do. It is easy and fun, plus perfect for humans, dogs, and cats alike.
This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures. All opinions are our own.
The Secret Life of Pets 2 DIY Daisy’s Happy Hat.
This is probably the easiest DIY you have ever done. It is great because your entire family can join in and make them with you. Plus, you will love getting the pets involved once you are done. Now, that totally makes me wonder what my pets thinks of this party hat. I am sure our pooch will want to run with it all around as her perfect outfit of the day. The cat on the other hand….better I don’t think of it too much.
- Colored Paper
- Glue stick
- Glue Gun
- Accent decorations
- Measure twice the height you want your hat to be, cutting the paper into a circle.
- Once you have the circle, cut out a quarter-inch triangle from it
- Now attach the ends of the cut circle together with the glue stick to make a cone
- Once the cone is dry, use the glue gun to add the accent decorations. Parents manipulate the glue gun, please
- Finally cut your ribbon and with the glue gun affix a strand of ribbon inside the cone on opposite sides to make the hat ties.
Cool mom tip: our cat was distracted from the ribbon ties so we removed them.
Now that you are ready with the party hats, you can totally dress up your willing pets with them too! By the way, if you have dog guests, do read our tips for a doggie playdate. You can also take a look at our review and parental guide if you are curious.
The Secret Life of Pets 2 Bonus Material
Whoa, look at all there is to enjoy:
- Mini Movies
- Minion Scouts
- Super Gidget
- The Making of the Mini Movies
- Deleted Scenes
- Wake Up – Max and Duke have a new morning routine with Liam.
- Duke Explores the Farm – Duke has a funny interaction with a goat.
- Snowball Karate – Snowball does his superhero warm up.
- Secret Confessions – Dogs gather to talk about their deepest secrets
- A Tapestry of a Tail: The Making Of
- How to Draw – Hosted by Head of Story, Eric Favela, follow the step-by-step tutorial to learn to draw Max, Snowball and Chloe
- Frame by Frame: How to Make a Flip Book
- Character Pods – Get a closer look at your favorite characters of The Secret Life of Pets 2 with these delightful character pods that might just give away a few more pet secrets.
- A Party Fit for a Pet – Using stop motion animation, this step-by-step guide teaches you everything you need to know to throw the very best party for your pet!
- Pops’ Puppy Training School with Kevin Hart
- Pets Yule Log
- Lyric Videos
- ‘Panda’ Lyric Video
- ‘It’s Gonna Be A Lovely Day (The Secret Life of Pets 2)’ Lyric Video
- The Further Adventures of Captain Snowball (Interactive)
- My Buddy and Me – We interview the Illumination cast and crew talking about The Secret Life of Pets 2 while holding (or trying to hold) their pets.
- Pets with Jobs: A Documentary
- Relax the Cat: The Secret Life of Pets Massage
- Production Pets
About The Secret Life of Pets 2
Max the terrier encounters canine-intolerant cows, hostile foxes and a scary turkey when he visits the countryside. Luckily for Max, he soon catches a break when he meets Rooster, a gruff farm dog who tries to cure the lovable pooch of his neuroses.
Oh and in case you are curious for the first movie of this franchise, see our The Secret Life of Pets