Why Mickey Mummy Cookies? It is no secret that one of my favorite Halloween parties is the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom. This special event truly marks the beginning of fall for me and gives me an excuse to make a delicious Disney Halloween treat! Talk about haunting cuteness! They go perfectly with all your pumpkin decor, sweet treats and yes all that pumpkin spice too. Ready to make spooktacular Mickey Mummy Cookies? Get the recipe below
Delicious Mickey Mummy Cookies
Want to partake on some of the Disney Halloween Magic, but can’t quite yet get to the parks? This is the best way for you to get the pixie dust flowing! No one will resist bitting into Mickey Mummy Cookies. The icing on the cake? You will .love making them.
Mickey Mummy Recipe and How to
It is quite easy to make them, and yes, I have a short cut or two for you.
- 1 egg
- Cookie Cutter: mickey mouse head
- 1 cup of butter
- 1.5 cups of powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
Cool mom tip: you can already make the cookie dough black instead of working with icing. To do that, add black gel coloring to the mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the butter, powder sugar, vanilla, and egg together until combined and creamy.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients plus cream of tartar.
- Lightly flour a cutting board and roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut out a few mickey heads and place onto the cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Let cookies cool completely before decorating.
- If you are working with black cookie dough, please jump to #10 on the icing instructions.
- 4 egg whites
- 1.5 cups of cream of tartar
- 0.5 cups of vanilla
- 4.5 cups of powder sugar
- Black gel coloring
- 1 disposable piping bags fitted with number 2 tip
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with number 104 tip
- a squeeze bottle
Icing Directions :
- Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and powder sugar until you get stiff peaks. The best bet is to use a mixer here.
- Scoop some white icing into the piping bag fitted with the 104 tip and set aside
- Add in a few drops of the black coloring and mix until combined
- Scoop some icing into a number 2 bag and set aside
- Mix in 3 tbsp of water into the remaining black icing and mix until combined
- Pour icing into the squeeze bottle
- Use the black piping bag, pipe and outline around the cookies
- Fill in with the thinner black icing
- Allow cookies to dry overnight.
- Use the white icing, pipe random white lines around the mickey head to make look it look like a mummy wrap
- Allow icing to dry for an hour before you enjoy the Mickey Mummy cookies!
Aren’t they witching cute? You have to make them! Will you?
Disney Halloween Style
There are so many ways to celebrate Halloween. We love out Disney Incredibles themed party for example. But, the very best way is definitively at the park itself. If you need help coordinating your trip, it is always a good idea to have the help of experts like our friends at EZ Dis EZ, a comprehensive Disney travel agent that will help get your magical memories an incredible jumpstart.