Creepy crawly is all I want for my hair this Halloween! Well not really. I will settle for something that looks like that but doesn’t make me squirm 🙂 That is why I made this quick and easy DIY Halloween Spider Hair Pin. It came out adorable and it sure makes a statement! Read on for the details on how you can make it too.
DIY Halloween Spider Hair Pin
Our hair accessories started with the DIY Halloween Headband. Now it is time to DIY the Halloween Spider hairpin. This is another simple, fast and fun project that will get goblinettes boooing of joy with it: Quick and Easy DIY Halloween Spider Hair PinMaterials:
- black ribbon
- googly eyes
- orange ribbon
- glue gun
- Cut black ribbon into 18 cms strands. I prepared 16 strands of ribbon.
- Cut one strand of 3 cms
- Curl the entire length of the 18 cms strands
- Bunch them together and place them over the hairpin.
- Use your 3 cms ribbon strand to wrap together with the 18 cms strands over the hairpin at the center
- With the glue gun, dab a dot of silicone on the underside of the pin to secure the ribbon to it. If your hairpin had ridges like mine does, this step is optional.
- Turn the pin right side up, with all the ribbon facing you.
- At the center glue two eyes to it. We added an orange bow to the side to make it more girly.
More Halloween Fun
I love how Halloween brings out everyone’s creativity!
If you are looking for costume inspiration, totally check out our upcycled Jet Pack, another simple DIY. You might even want to complement your spider hairpin with a DIY Spider Mason Jar! How about indulging in these delicious Witch Brew Brownie treats? Now, for Halloween travel ideas we tell you how to get all the treats at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom, or if you are ready for a big spook, consider these tips on how to Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights if you are a chicken like me!
There is so much to enjoy for Halloween! How do you celebrate it?
Spooky Spider Hair Pin Halloween DIY by coolchillmom on Jumprope.