We sat with Spies in Disguise movie directors Nick Bruno and Troy Quane. They admitted that after four years working on the movie, the day of our exclusive interview was the very first time they sat in an actual director’s chair! They also shared with us 8 Awesome Spies In Disguise Fun Facts.
Thank you, Disney, for the advance screening and interview opportunity as part of The Geekly Retreat. All opinions shared are 100%my own.
Spies in Disguise Exclusive Interview with Movie Directors
Wow, what a privilege to be the first audience ever to watch the movie! The directors announced to us that the day before the film had been finalized. So amazing and exciting! After introducing the movie, we watched it together. Afterward, we talked about the work that went into making the movie and all about the back story of it. We went into a lot of production and technical details that were incredible to further understand how work-intensive creating an animation film really is. From our conversation, I collected these Awesome Spies in Disguise Fun Facts you need to know of besides their adorable and funny cameo in the film!
8 Awesome Spies in Disguise Fun Facts
I loved many different things about the movie. I was sold when I found out that science research did take place to make sure everything was grounded because it helped underline that weird is cool! These fun facts really caught my heart:
- This is the first spy movie for kids! How cool is that?!!!
- This movie was inspired by a short called Pigeon: Impossible.
- Everything is crazy until is it not. Perhaps that explains why Lance is the only pigeon with eyebrows. Making the floating eyebrows was a big animation feat too.
- Lance’s body is shaped as a Martini glass. This was done on purpose to convey class and sophistication.
- Think about saving the world, and more importantly how you plan on doing it. This goes back to the idea that many things can be solved without violence.
- Team Weird wins! So, don’t let the world around you change you. Always be yourself.
- Directors have a cameo in the movie
- Colors are a big part of the film. Not only does each character have a set of defined colors to identify them. Also, scenes have particular color schemes to emphasize the mood of it. For example, happy and safe scenes are bright and use warm colors.
So these could be cool facts for the movie, but I wanted a separate note for them:
- Ben Mendelsohn plays and awesome villain. I did tell you that when I had the chance to interview him 🙂
- Directors hope to inspire kids to work together and hold themselves to a higher standard. Blown away.
About Spies in Disguise
This Blue Sky movie will be out in theaters on December 25th. Don’t miss out on this super-spy action movie for the entire family. Make sure to read my movie review and parental guide.
Super spy Lance Sterling (Will Smith) and scientist Walter Beckett (Tom Holland) are almost exact opposites. Lance is smooth, suave and debonair. Walter is… not. But what Walter lacks in social skills he makes up for in smarts and invention, creating the awesome gadgets Lance uses on his epic missions. But when events take an unexpected turn, Walter and Lance suddenly have to rely on each other in a whole new way. And if this odd couple can’t learn to work as a team, the whole world is in peril. “Spies in Disguise” is an animated comedy set in the high-octane globe-trotting world of international espionage.