This Easy Brownie Bunnies Recipe is a great family activity. Of course, it is perfect for Spring and Easter celebrations. The best, is to have these delicious little bunnies ready for Easter egg hunts and brunch dessert tables. I do have to say, these are great for Easter baskets or fun Spring picnics. They always make an appearance at our garden parties too!
Easy Brownie Bunnies Recipe
Looking for easy? This recipe calls for a box mix of brownies. Of course, if you are a brownie purist, by all means, whip out your favorite recipe for it. I am so ready to surprise the kids with these bunnies. It takes some time, so let’s get to work! This recipe makes 6 brownie bunnies.
- 1 box of bunny cookie cutter
- 4 cups of powder sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package of edible eyes
- pink gel food coloring
- brown gel food coloring
- 2 piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip
- A squeeze bottle
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- A 9×13 baking dish fitted with parchment paper
- 1 bunny cookie cutter, about 4 inches in height
Directions for the bunny shape
- Follow the directions on the back of the brownie box in order to bake the brownies
- Tear off a large sheet of parchment paper so that the sides come up over the baking dish
- Pour brownie batter into the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean
- Let brownies completely cool
Directions to decorate bunnies
- To make the icing, ix together the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, and powder sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Split into 2 bowls.
- Add a few drops of brown into 1 bowl and mix until you get the shade you want.
- Repeat step with the pink coloring in the second bowl.
- Scoop a bit of icing into the piping bags
- Add 2 teaspoons of water into the brown royal icing and mix until combined.
- Pour into the squeeze bottle.
- Carefully lift the parchment paper out of the baking dish with the brownies and place onto the counter
- Using the cookie cutter, cut out 6 bunnies.
- Place cut out bunnies onto a cookie sheet.
- Use the piping bag with the brown icing to outline the shape of the bunnies’ heads.
- Fill in with the brown thinned icing.
- Add 2 large eyes into the center of the bunny head.
- Let the icing dry for 2 hours before adding the final details.
- Once the base layer is dry, use the pink piping bag, and pipe an upside-down triangle under the eyes.
- Pipe the pink for the ears.
- Using the brown icing, pipe cheeks on the bunny.
- Let the cheeks dry for an hour before adding on the small dots for the “whiskers”.
Let bunny completely dry for an hour before enjoying them!
More Spring Treat Ideas
Definitively, these brownie bunnies will be a hit! Most likely, you will not need anything else for your celebrations. But if you have a dessert table or want more sweet spring ideas you will love these garden parties Another favorite of ours, is bunny related. Carrots for kids and bunnies alike! These carrots come in the form of delicious carrot cake cupcakes! Our bunnies are not as adventurous as Peter Rabbit, but we were inspired by the upcoming sequel to make them!