Get ready to upgrade vanilla or glazed donuts. Time for the Patriotic Donuts Recipe. Yes, you can learn How to Make Fun Patriotic Donuts! In no time, you will have stricking American Flag donuts that will be the highlight of your summer dessert table. Yes, they are both easy and beautiful. No doubt, these are perfect for every patriotic celebration. Of course, they must be the dessert of choice for the Fourth of July!
Easy American Flag Vanilla Donuts
Besides the flavor, the best thing is that these red, white, and blue donuts are super fun to make. Definitively, get the kids to help you out. Admittedly, I was a bit skeptical at first. I did think it was going to be hard. Fortunately, the American Flag donuts recipe turned out to be quicker than I thought. Furthermore, I really enjoy making and decorating them. They look amazing at the dessert table along with our favorite ice cream cookiesice cream cookies 🙂
How to Make Fun Patriotic Donuts Recipe
You can’t go wrong with this spirited firecracker breakfast food. Indeed, no one said it was limited to brunch or breakfast. So, offer all day long this sweet beautiful Americana kitchen delight! Here is the easy Patriotic Donuts Recipe:
Cool mom tip: totally take a shortcut. No need to make the donuts from scratch if you don’t have time. Or don’t want to. Get your favorite store-bought donuts and decorate away.
- 2 2/3 cups of flour.
- 1.5 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- 1/4 cup of melted unsalted sweet cream butter.
- 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- 2 large eggs.
- 3/4 cup sugar.
- 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- light blue, white, and red cookie icing.
White Vanilla Glaze ingredients:
- 2 cups of powder sugar.
- 1/2 cups of milk.
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease your doughnut pan. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix the whole milk, sour cream, and eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Next, pour the batter into the doughnut pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to completely cool.
Glaze Decoration Directions:
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Pour the white glaze over doughnuts and let them dry for an hour before decorating.
- Once dry, use the blue cookie icing to make a semi triangle on one of the sides of the donut. You can do this by drawing two lines. Then fill in the section between the lines.
- Then make 5 to 7 separate lines using the red icing on the doughnuts
- To make the stars of the flag, use white icing. Pipe 10 to 12 dots directly on the blue part.
- Let dry for another hour to two hours before you enjoy the American Flag Patriotic Donuts!
Another great sweet treat for our dessert table is the Almond Pretzel Bark. In addition to the Patriotic Donuts Recipe, think parades and fireworks! We love going to parades. So, we always make our easy Patriotic Parade Wands DIY.