Oh yes, you will love this DIY Rustic Christmas Trees with Felt and Twigs. These are perfect to add some rustic charm to your holiday winter decor. Fortunately, you don’ need much to make these cute mini Christmas trees. Easy to make, they will be great family holiday fun. And, they really are inexpensive as well. Did I mention, they are also a great way to bring some nature into your home?
Family Fun Making DIY Rustic Christmas Trees with Felt and Twigs
Let the memory-making begin! Yes, we loved making these very affordable trees together. Definitively, they make for a great holiday activity. As a matter of fact, we took this family Christmas activity outdoors! Not only did we sit around to make them. We also went outside to find the perfect twigs and branches for our DIY Rustic Christmas Trees. Because, you can take this family fun activity into the woods to search for materials, you also bring down the cost of making them. Double win!
DIY Rustic Christmas Trees
I want to share with you how easy it is to make these Rustic Christmas trees with felt and twigs. A great thing about them is that they do not have to be put away after Christmas. They can stay up all winter long. And, even in Spring too when some love going hiking in the woods. We are dreaming of a white Christmas so our trees are white. Of course, you can choose any shade of green too.
- Felt in white or/ and a variety of green shades.
- Long twigs
- Different size small wood rounds
- Glue gun
- To start, draw half of a Christmas tree shape on the outside edge of a piece of cardstock paper and cut it out. This is your tree pattern or template.
- Next, fold your felt in half. or four depending on how big your felt piece is Place the tree template over the felt. Mark it and then cut out a Christmas tree shape. You need about 5 tree felt pieces per tree you want to make.
- Repeat step 2 for as many trees as you plan. You can create and cut out a smaller template as well if you would like to make trees of different sizes.
- Now, decide how tall you want your tree to be, and break a twig to that length.
- Start, at the top of the twig. Put a straight line of hot glue down the twig about as long as your felt. Remember to leave some twig without glue for the base of the tree.
- Unfold your felt tree place the center over the hot glue. This is so that the hot glue runs behind the center of the felt tree. Make sure the top of the tree is just above the top of your twig.
- Continue folding and gluing your felt trees all of the way around the twig. You can fit 4-5 felt tree shapes on the twig depending on how full you would like your finished tree to look.
- For the base, create it by gluing together 2 or more small wood slice rounds of different sizes. You can also use a single wood slice if you prefer.
- Use hot-glue to attach the bottom of your twig and felt tree to the base. Hold it in place for a minute or two until the hot glue has hardened.
- Display your felt trees as a group on your mantel, shelf, or table this holiday season.
Yes, we love the DIY Rustic Christmas Trees with Felt and Twigs! They are so much fun to make and decorate with them. They sure add to the holiday cheer!
If you are looking for more fun upcycle DIY projects for the holidays, do check out our cork Nutcracker Toy Soldier. Definitely, another fun holiday activity 🙂